Cloud Security Engineer
Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
Intro and job overview:
- As a cloud security engineer, you will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and reviewing security solutions in Cloud infrastructure based on Cloud security standards, governance and control practices. You will build, maintain, upgrade and continuously improve cloud networks and cloud-based systems. You are responsible for the operations of secure cloud infrastructure, platforms, and software. You will review AWS security reports, evaluate, prioritize and raise critical and high severity issues to various Engineering teams and ensure their resolution.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Keep a track of reported security issues from various security tools and reports.
- Identify Critical and High severity issues and raise with engineering teams for resolution. Provide technical help as needed.
- AWS account management, Manage access etc.
- Work with internal infrastructure security teams to align and execute infrastructure changes to support the tools, apps and processes.
- Conducting cloud security analysis and providing recommendations on required configurations for client cloud platforms (such as AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Assists others on own team, or other teams where applicable, on cloud security projects or security-relevant tasks on technical projects.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/B.E. or equivalent.
- 2-4 years of experience in Cloud security.
- Logging, monitoring, and responding to detected incidents in the cloud environment.
- Experience in scripting languages like Python, Unix Shell (bash), etc.
- Experience in working with security tools, like AWS Security Hub, AWS Trusted Advisor, Rapid7, AWS Guard Duty, Amazon Macie.
- Knowledge and experience of cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Troubleshooting problems with cloud infrastructure (e.g., domain name service, virtual network peering, dedicated cloud connectivity services - Azure ExpressRoute, AWS DirectConnect, Google Cloud Dedicated Interconnect) and resources (e.g., virtual machines, virtual networks, cloud databases) in a multi-cloud vendor environment and documenting technical platform issues, analysis, client communication, and resolution as part of cyber risk mitigation steps.
- Ability to assist in technical research when necessary to contribute to managing cloud security.
- Implement & maintain new cloud security technologies to support business and technology solutions.
- Document processes for daily security operations as and when required.