Senior Support Engineer
Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
Intro and job overview:
Senior Support Engineers drive to solve complex issues and provide solutions to make our customers successful. Our customers depend on the highly skilled technical engineers in our software product support group to help drive the success of their B2B investments, including Sterling B2B Integrator. Candidates should have strong problem-solving skills and technical depth. Excellent planning and communication skills are a must for case management.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide world class technical support over the phone, remote desktop connections and through case management system. This includes meeting Service Level Objectives, updating stakeholders in a timely manner, and documenting critical information.
- Address and resolve issues quickly and effectively to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Investigate, analyze, and solve complex problems occurring on a wide range of platforms, software systems, and databases.
- Understand the complexities of enterprise systems and be able to determine if the cause of an issue is within the product, third party libraries, user developed code or jobs, or platform libraries.
- Continuously learn new technology, tools, systems, and sharing that knowledge within the team.
- Contribute to comprehensive internal and external Knowledge Base documentation for use by both customers and team members.
- Debug and provide recommended solutions and tools to address product issues and enhancements.
- Periodic weekend and late shifts for time zone coverage and on call support.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A candidate with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Experience supporting, developing, or managing Sterling B2B Integrator or Sterling File Gateway is highly desired.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), strong interpersonal/customer relations skills, and exceptional analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic when working with difficult problems and tight deadlines.
- Understanding of database management systems including relational database design principles, tuning, SQL execution, and configuration.
- Understanding of networking design principals and protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP/S, S/FTP, SMTP, AS2 and others.
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Distributed computing experience including networked clustering, cloud services, and load balancing.
- Operating system (AIX, RHEL, Windows, RHOCP) knowledge and administration.
- Database systems (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, ODBC and JDBC protocols).
- Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, or other virtualization technology.