Associate Support Engineer
Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
Intro and job overview:
In Precisely, Support Engineers drive to solve complex issues and develop unique solutions to make our customers successful. Our customers depend on the highly skilled technical engineers in our technical support group to help drive the success of their Precisely EngageOne investments. Dedication to customer satisfaction, along with strong problem-solving skills, technical depth, communication, and the ability to develop creative solutions are a must.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide world class technical support via phone, email, and remote connections.
- Serve as team specialist for support of Hosted Managed Service clients and systems, including the recently-announced RapidCX platform for Customer Experience (CX).
- Effectively document and record client issues in a case management system.
- Communicate with customers effectively and per SLA requirements to uphold customer satisfaction standards.
- Investigate, analyze, and solve complex problems occurring on a wide range of platforms, software systems, and databases.
- Debug and provide recommended solutions and tools to address product issues and enhancements.
- Continuously learn new technology, tools, systems, and share that knowledge within the team.
- Create comprehensive internal and external Knowledge Base documentation for use by both customers and team members.
- Rotational off-hours and weekend coverage for on-call support.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Excellent English communication (oral and written), strong interpersonal/customer relations skills, and exceptional analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- A strong desire and ability to “drive the bus” in escalated, situation-management cases.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic when working with difficult problems, challenging clients, and tight deadlines.
- A strong desire to learn new technology and the ability to understand new concepts quickly.
- Understanding of relational databases including configuration, execution, amd tuning.
- Understanding of debuggers, system utilities, and performance monitoring tools on multiple platforms.