Senior Software Engineer II, Quality Management (Performance Testing)
Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
Intro and job overview:
As a Senior Software Engineer II, Quality Management, you are responsible for the design, creation, and maintenance of automated test frameworks. Works independently, provides guidance to junior team members. Responsible for writing scalable, platform-agnostic test automation frameworks. A candidate should possess the ability to perform API, UI, functional, regression, smoke, exploratory and end to end testing within an agile delivery model. As a member of a global scrum team, design, implement and test new functionality for the Data Integration SaaS products. This position will allow Precisely to expand features and functions of Data Integration products and launch a managed cloud offering.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design, create and maintain automated test frameworks for front and back end systems/applications.
- Perform API, UI functional, regression, exploratory, and end to end testing within an agile delivery model.
- Demonstrate good understanding of Continuous Integration process, and should be able to create and execute jobs pipeline (GitlabCI/Jenkins).
- Develop/document test plans, automated framework, tests for SAAS applications based on docker /Kubernetes running in Cloud.
- Test in bigdata environments like Databricks, Spark etc.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Strong programming/scripting experience and a passion for Developing test code.
- 6+ years exp in Test Automation including planning, assessments, script development and maintenance.
- Proven experience in scripting (shell, batch), familiarity with Python with added advantage.
- Demonstrated knowledge on framework creation in API automation with tools like Rest Assured, JMeter, SoapUI experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge with CI/CD tools like Gitlab CI/Jenkins pipeline is an added advantage. Working knowledge of infrastructure as code.
- Knowledge testing SAAS applications based on docker/Kubernetes running in Cloud (AWS, Azure).
- Familiarity with distributed systems/applications, and scaled system/service architecture.
- Demonstrated communication skills in a stakeholder facing environment.
- Demonstrated experience working within an agile and DevOps delivery team.
- Must be self-directed, resilient, and creative.
- Strong programming/scripting experience and a passion for tests.
- Demonstrated knowledge on selenium along with the understanding of testing/Junit, ant/maven and Jenkins.