Sales Manager - Mirakl Ads
Mirakl is a global SaaS technology company that enables businesses to achieve profitable and sustainable eCommerce growth.
Mirakl’s industry-leading suite includes solutions in marketplace, dropship, supplier catalog management and pay-out, supplier sourcing ecosystem, personalization, and retail media to revolutionize the way businesses sell online. Mirakl’s award-winning technology is chosen by more than 400 of the world’s most trusted brands across retail and B2B industries.
Our latest $555M Series E fundraising values the company over $3.5B and places it among the most dynamic players in eCommerce in the world.
Headquartered in Paris and Boston and with offices in 9 countries, Mirakl is recognized as a Great Place to Work company.
Mirakl launched Mirakl Ads in November 2022, an innovative retail media solution that empowers businesses to monetize their eCommerce web traffic across both marketplace and first party offerings while delivering more value to advertisers, marketplace sellers and publishers.
Mirakl Ads is a unique collection of tools that sets it apart from other platforms. By leveraging Mirakl's knowledge in eCommerce best practices, product data management, and conversion optimization, we have developed a purpose-built Retail Media solution that maximises sales and enhances profitability through digital advertising expenditure.
To support the rapid adoption of Mirakl Ads, and take an active part in our growth, Mirakl is seeking a Sales Manager with expertise in Retail Media.
We are seeking a skilled Sales Manager to take on a pivotal role in leading a newly established Global Sales team. This individual will assume a dual role as a player-manager, where they'll not only have their own sales quota, but will also oversee an initial team of 3 people, enabling them for growth.
Account Executive duties:
- Develop a go-to-market sales strategy in alignment with quarterly objectives set by Management.
- Pursue new clients in accordance with strategic and operational objectives within your assigned geographic area.
- Oversee the entire sales cycle, from initial contact to contract signing, including technical, legal, and financial aspects.
- Effectively manage time and territory for optimal business engagement.
- Own sales forecasts and commits on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Collaborate with internal teams to implement account-specific sales strategies and ensure seamless customer onboarding.
- Establish and nurture relationships within prospect organisations, navigating through key decision-makers and influencers.
- Drive revenue through new customer acquisition using a solution-selling approach.
- Maintain up-to-date records of activities, opportunities, and accounts in our CRM.
- Take responsibility for building and maintaining an adequate sales pipeline.
Sales Management duties
- Lead, inspire, and motivate a fast growing new business team of initially 3 (1 Account Executive, 2 Solution Engineers) to expand Mirakl Ads' global customer base.
- Mentor and develop team members through recruitment, hiring, and training.
- Assist Account Executives by leading and participating in client meetings, engaging other corporate resources as needed.
- Establish effective cadence with an extended team for accurate forecasting and pipeline building.
- Foster a safe yet competitive environment to motivate the team.
- Stay informed about emerging trends in the retail media sector.
- Work with the team to identify strengths and areas for investment.
- Clearly communicate performance goals and metrics.
- Develop team for future needs.
- Report on sales activity and revenue forecast.
- Act as a trusted partner and advisor beyond your own team.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 8+ years of sales experience, with a preference for 4+ years in the software industry.
- Some experience managing a sales team successfully
- Essential experience in Retail Media.
- A BA degree in Business, Marketing, or Finance is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to expedite the sales cycle, aligning with quarterly rhythms.
- In-depth understanding of business practices and industry trends.
- Proficiency in business sales situations requiring demonstration of ROI.
- Proven work ethic with a track record of consistent over-achievement.
- Robust negotiation and influencing skills; comfort in a role with a sales quota.
- Strong leadership and talent management skills for team growth and retention.
- Excellent verbal/written skills and proficiency in English.
We welcome collaborators with their diverse perspectives and experiences to power us forward. These often far exceed conventional job requirements and help us create a culture of continuous learning. If you’re ready to join a hyper-growth company at the heart of digital transformation for the world’s most forward-thinking organizations, we strongly encourage you to apply to any of our roles, even if you think you’re not an exact match.