- Job: 32480-DCOL
Working under the direction of the Manager or Senior Team Lead, will be responsible for designing and developing sophisticated software for small self-contained projects; designing and implementing moderately-complex software features and components of MathWorks’ 3D scenario simulation tools; writing high quality code, designing extensible software using software engineering principles, patterns and methodologies, performance monitoring and integration; participating in software development projects of moderate scope, from requirements gathering and design to implementation, qualification and validation; assisting cross-functional team members in engineering, quality engineering, user experience, and documentation; increasing productivity and bringing quality features to market; and working with subject matter experts in pursuit of continuous improvement of designs and strategies.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
Education and Experience:
Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field (or foreign education equivalent) and no experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field (or foreign education equivalent) and three (3) years of experience as a Software Engineer (or related occupation) performing 3D modeling and simulation of multidomain engineering systems.
- Demonstrated expertise programming in C++ and MATLAB, including object-oriented design and analysis in C++ and MATLAB according to design patterns to improve efficiencies and performance.
- Demonstrated expertise developing 3D graphics software in C++, writing algorithms in C++ to solve computational geometry problems, and performing 3D modeling using OpenGL, Vulkan, and Three.js.
- Demonstrated expertise integrating C++ software libraries with MATLAB infrastructure and performing mathematical modeling of 3D meshes in MATLAB.
- Demonstrated expertise creating MATLAB API to support creation and analysis of 3D geometry in MATLAB.
[Expertise may be gained during Graduate program.]