Desktop Support Technician
- Job: 32371-TYUN
The Desktop Support Technician will perform all aspects of support related to the daily computing needs of MathWorks staff. He/she will provide support via phone, e-mail and Intranet as well as perform problem determination at the user's workstation.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot computer systems and applications including desktops, laptops, network equipment, operating systems, desktop software and enterprise applications
- Support online, on-premise, and off-site meetings and events
- Set up and manage common-area systems such as conference room AV equipment, recording and broadcast systems, digital signage
- Resolve help tickets accurately and in a timely manner. Adhere to SLAs and group practices.
- Collaborate with team members and with other IT groups to resolve complex issues
- Perform project work as assigned, e.g., document solutions, develop guidelines, investigate persistent problems, automate routine tasks
- A bachelor's degree and 1 year of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent
- 2-3 years of IT support, including experience with networked PC equipment
- Proficiency with Operating Systems and desktop software including the Microsoft ecosystem
- Knowledge of networking principles, topology, and protocols
- Customer focus and dedication to customer satisfaction
- UNIX, Linux, Mac, SharePoint, Webex, AV knowledge a plus.