Senior Program Manager
Senior Program Manager
As a Senior Program Manager at MathWorks, you will enable cross-functional teams to drive programs and develop high-quality software. In this role, you will plan and facilitate between Application Engineering and other departments to ensure they have the infrastructure, platforms, and tools to deliver customer value. You will partner with the Engineering Managers and cross-functional leadership to plan, prioritize, and execute initiatives.
- Partner with Technical Sales Engineering technical owners and the Technical Sales Engineering community to understand their needs (IT and development infrastructure requirements, standards, and requests for cloud platform, on-prem server platform, system integration, and other hardware)
- Work as the primary liaison between application engineering and IT / Platform Engineering to identify plans to meet the needs in the most efficient way
- Develop an understanding of ‘current state’ compute capabilities and approaches; look for improvement opportunities and develop future state recommendations
- Define and deploy standards and governance processes across Technical Sales Engineering; Co-author and execute change management and pilot plans. Gather, analyze, and incorporate feedback.
- Provide full support for Technical Sales Engineering cross-functional initiatives
- Work with your teams to identify dependencies. Facilitate communications with dependent/impacted teams to negotiate and establish agreement of responsibilities and plans.
- Champion our continuous improvement core value. Facilitate problem-solving to identify root causes of issues and ensure countermeasures address the problem effectively.
- Monitor KPIs to identify issues in team quality - raise awareness; define, communicate, and track the plan to address those issues
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Technical degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Science
- Experience managing complex cross-functional IT, software development, or business projects / programs
- Experience defining requirements for and working with stakeholders in IT or software development
- Experience with project management, process improvement and change management techniques
- Flexibility to collaborate with global teams across multiple time zones
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to understand technology; understanding of cloud computing concepts and willingness to learn about new technologies
- Ability to influence others even when you do not have direct authority over them
- Customer-oriented mindset
- Adaptability in fast-paced environment