Senior Program Manager
Senior Program Manager
As a Senior Program Manager at MathWorks, you will work on cross-functional teams and programs to develop high quality software that accelerates the pace of engineering and science. Online Product teams build reliable and secure cloud-based applications that enable our customers to quickly access and use MATLAB and Simulink anywhere globally on any device. In this role, you will be part of the cross-functional leadership group that will charter projects and programs to achieve strategic objectives. You will partner with the Engineering Managers and define processes and strategies to enable the cross-functional teams to plan, prioritize, and execute those projects efficiently and effectively.
• Facilitate planning process to create SMART multi-release plans that aligns with strategic objectives
• Identify dependencies and facilitate communications with dependent/impacted teams to negotiate and establish agreement of responsibilities and plans.
• Identify issues and risks, define a mitigation plan and track them to resolution or escalate appropriately
• Champion our core value of continuous improvement. Facilitate problem-solving to identify root causes of issues and ensure countermeasures address the problem effectively. Lead process improvement activities that eliminate significant sources of waste
• Design, pilot, and roll out new processes, best practices, standards, and KPI’s as needed to improve team efficiency and effectiveness while avoiding unnecessary duplication of/variation from standard processes
• Evaluate team agile development practices, identify opportunities for improvement, and execute a visible plan for their achievement
• Co-author and execute change management and pilot plans. Gather, analyze, and incorporate feedback.
• Monitor KPIs to identify issues in team quality or delivery rate - raise awareness; define, communicate, and track the plan to address those issues
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
• Technical degree in Engineering, Math, or Science
• Experience in Program Management of commercial SaaS or Online Products and Services
• Ability to understand software technology; able to participate and contribute to technical conversations
• Ability to influence others even when you do not have direct authority over them
• Experience with Agile, Scrum, and Kanban software development methodologies
• Experience with JIRA and Confluence
• Experience with Mobile App technology is a nice to have