Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Head of Investment Operations
Head of Investment OperationsBoston, Massachusetts Investment Management Job ID R14632
The Head of Investment Operations is a key role in the delivery of MassMutual’s investment strategy and in this, MassMutual’s purpose: to provide financial well-being to all Americans. We are seeking a results-oriented and highly collaborative professional with the ability to reshape the future of our investment operations approach and infrastructure. This Head of Investment Operations will set strategy and define the future of MassMutual’s Investment Operations, including leading the people, designing the processes, and defining the technology needed to advance the function.
Investment Operations extends from relentlessly focusing on stakeholder satisfaction, to accelerating the adoption of automated, digital transaction processing and self-service tools. To this end, the team leverages technology and data to both reshape investment operational support and deliver differentiated stakeholder experiences. The Head of Investment Operations will lead and inspire the team to continue progressing the operations model and function.
Reporting to MassMutual’s Chief Investment Officer, the Head of Investment Operations will be a member of the Investment Management senior leadership team and a key partner and representative to the operational functions at our subsidiaries and external asset manager.
Against the backdrop of an increasingly complex general investment account portfolio with diverse asset classes and strategies, this role will build a framework and lead a vision that provides operational support that is highly scalable, agile, digitally enabled, and data-driven.
- Define and communicate a strategy and roadmap to modernize Investment Operations, with focus on next-generation operations and service capabilities, differentiated stakeholder experiences, and optimized processes across asset classes
- Assess our operations platform and delivery model, end-to-end
- Lead a team responsible for Trade Processing & Settlement, Portfolio Accounting, Corporate Actions, Collateral Management, and Pricing
- Engage with MassMutual leadership and Boards, supporting audit and operational assessments
- Establish workflows and operational controls
- Partner with stakeholders to meet client needs
- Expected Leadership Behaviors:
- Create structures and processes for enterprise mindset
- Value and support associates, fostering a culture of development and growth
- Encourage feedback and accountability
- Promote collaboration and an enterprise mindset
- Embrace innovation and reinvention opportunities to deliver excellence
- Excel at attracting, developing and retaining a diverse team of talented individuals.
- Drive employee engagement, training, and communication
The Minimum Qualifications
15+ years of executive and people management experience in global asset management organizations
- Experience leading and directing teams across multiple operational disciplines
• Strong knowledge of market practices, operational controls, and regulatory requirements in asset management
• Ability to effectively collaborate and coordination with executives in other business units and subsidiaries
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, particularly in translating complex operational and technology solutions for business partners and effectively conveying business requirements to Operations and Technology teams
- Demonstrated track record of managing long-term financial and strategic plans, identifying self-funding opportunities, and delivering relevant KPIs and productivity metrics
- Strong business acumen, with focus on controls; operational mindset
The Ideal Qualifications
- Experience in supporting global institutional public and private fixed income assets in multiple currencies
- Financial services background; insurance or related background preferrable
- Advanced degree (e.g., MBA), M&A experience, knowledge of Eagle and IBOR systems preferred but not required
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Chief Investment officer and the Investment Management Leadership Team.
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
#LI-IZ1MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.