Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Equity TraderSpringfield, Massachusetts Investment Management Job ID R14526
We’re looking to hire an Equity Trader for the Trading team. You’ll oversee trade reporting controls, as well as the processing of daily functions and assisting with audit reviews. You’ll also service the retail salesforce by executing and assisting on equity, mutual fund, and bond trades.
The MMLIS Trading team is collaborative, well-synched and communicates closely to support each other. There is rapport, efficiency and humor embedded in the team with a diverse group of individuals that provide mentorship and collaboration across all levels. The team excels in agility, business acumen, communication, and leadership.
As an Equity Trader, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Provide leadership and guidance to trading team to ensure trade processing is in line with constantly changing trade regulatory demands.
- Oversee trade reporting controls.
- Provide timely and accurate responses to regulatory and audit inquiries while maintaining an open and collaborative relationship.
- Identify areas for process improvements and implement changes to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of trade reporting and trade processing.
- Coordinate and supervise ad hoc analyses and initiatives.
- Explore alternatives to current processes by seeking to find ways to be more effective and efficient.
- Bring a controls-focused mindset to recommending process improvements.
- Enter buy and sell orders for equity, mutual fund, and option trades, requiring knowledge of trading and how markets work.
The Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- FINRA Series 7 & FINRA 63
- 2+ years of experience in either equity trading, fixed income trading, or working with model portfolios, block trading, ETFs, equities, options, and mutual funds.
- 2+ years of experience in regulatory, compliance, audit or controls reporting.
- 1+ year of experience working with large custodians (eg Charles Schwab, Fidelity, Pershing, etc)
- 1+ year of experience working with Excel
The Ideal Qualifications
- A demonstrated understanding of regulatory requirements and standards as relates to trade reporting across regulatory agencies: FINRA, MSRB, SEC.
- Ability to analyze and break-down processes and determine root causes of issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication, with strong presentation and interpersonal skills to effectively work with internal and external partners.
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Daily team meetings to assess trading day and schedule
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
#LI-BC1MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.