Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Business Analytics Analyst - HR
IT, People & HR, Data Science
Springfield, MA, USA
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2023
Business Analytics Analyst – HRSpringfield, Massachusetts Business Analysis Job ID R14482
- The Business Analytics Analyst – HR is responsible forproviding advanced descriptive, exploratory, predictive, and prescriptive analysis within a business system to support tactical and/or strategic decision making and problem solving.
- Responsible for the collection, organization, analysis, and dissemination of significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Communicate complex findings in a way that is concise, easily understandable, and directly tied to business outcomes.
- Perform multiple source data extracts with complex data transformations.
- Utilize advanced knowledge of statistics and data visualization to derive meaningful business insights.
- May identify and develop key performance indicators applicable to analysis and design dashboards or reports to support them.
- Consult while providing actionable insights and recommendations to customers.
- Incumbents possess strong knowledge and technical expertise in one or many of the following areas: data models, advanced analytics techniques, data mining, and statistical analysis.
- May work cross functionally to define data requirements, review test cases, and process change requests.
- Act as a leader within analytics programs to mentor/educate other consultants to further grow capabilities across the enterprise
- Ifthissoundslike afit,we're lookingtohireaBusinessSystemsAnalysttojoinourHR & Employee Experience Analytics Technology Team. .
- We're growing and our clients deserve the best. As a Business Systems Analyst you'll have an opportunity to help deliver innovative, data-driven products and enhancements supporting our Human Resources business partners. In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen,and willshow courage, even inthemost difficult situations.Wealso highly value strong communicationskills, a passion for learning,leadershiptraits,resilience, and self-awareness
- Requirements anddatarelationshipsare welldefined and documented forstakeholder approval andImplementationteams'consumptionImplementationteam understoodwhatneeded tobeaccomplishedandisable todeliver ontherequirementswithout alot of wasted effort Team is able to validate that all requirements have been met with no ambiguity. Stakeholders are satisfied that the scope being delivered is the best possible solution to the problem they are trying to solve.
What your days and weeks will include:
- Provide consultation and business analysis on multiple projects of varying duration, size, and complexity.
- Elicit, translate and simplify requirements, decompose high-level business and user requirements into well-written User Stories Analyze and validate business systems data
- Document technical requirements and business/ technical process flows
- Create and maintain Source to Target mapping documentation Document and organize acceptance criteria for user stories.
- Partner with architecture to develop the data model/ design solution.
- Coordinating end-to-end testing along with UAT and observing initiation of the system to validate performance.
- Acts as a liaison between business stakeholders, and the software development or information technology teams.
- Perform systems analysis - using techniques such as sampling, and structured analysis, to ensure the solution is efficient, cost-effective and financially feasible
- Guide technical teams when needed
- Workwithtechnical leads, product managerstoplan,develop technical scopes of work andmanage theexecution of projects/productchangesinresponse to requirements from our stakeholders
- Participate in all phases of the development life cycle including requirements gathering and analysis, design, build, test, implementation and continuous service
- Be self-supportive in collaborating with peers to effectively deliver a robust solution for the business.
The Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree, in Business or an analytical field such as Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science
- 8+ years business and data analyst experience analyzing and manipulating data from variety of production systems and data platforms
- Database experience/SOL expertise.
- Knowledge of ETL and Datawarehouse concepts and processes.
- Experience working with both non-technical and technical stakeholders/teams.
- Skilled in applying judgment to balance process compliance with achievement of business objectives
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Outcome oriented with the ability to drill down from the big picture to process details
- Ability to communicate objectives, plans, status and results clearly.
- Ability to understand and translate business needs into technical requirements.
The Ideal Qualifications
- Former technical experience ispreferred, such asworking with dataengineering/science/ analyticsteams or experiencedeveloping and/or deploying.
- Ability to identify data quality issues and recommend the best course of action to address them.
- Prior experience with MicroStrategy or Tableau preferred.
- Experience with HR Analytics and Insights a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, coordination, requirement gathering and planning skills with cross functional teams.
- Special combination of technical skill and business acumen, along with a high degree of confidence
- Logical reasoning and deduction skills (ability to connect the dots)
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.