Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Financial Reporting Manager
Financial Reporting ManagerBoston, Massachusetts Finance & Accounting Job ID R14362
Financial Reporting Manager
Boston, MA or Springfield, MA
We seek a motivated, energetic, and skilled accountant to join Subsidiaries Reporting team in our Controller’s Organization. As a Financial Reporting Manager, you will be part of an experienced accounting professionals who wants work with a diverse team of highly motivated professionals focused on delivering high-quality of work in a timely and accurate manner. This is an opportunity to an individual who thrives in a highly dynamic and agile accounting environment to collaborate across teams seeking solid execution and improving outcomes.
This will be an individual contributor role, but will be responsible for overseeing our off-shore team.
The Subsidiaries Reporting team, part of MassMutual’s Corporate Finance Organization. The Subsidiaries Reporting team is motivated by challenging work that delivers substantial impact in a culture of accountability and collaboration. Team members are energized to deliver timely and accurate financial reporting data to internal and external customers while successfully executing on financial reporting controls.
You will work with Head of Subsidiaries Reporting and be responsible for compiling, reviewing and delivering of audited financial statements for various non-life subsidiaries including venture capital, asset management, technology, non-profit and holding companies. The role will also support annual separate account reporting and SEC filings. You will have great opportunities to collaborate with more broadly across the entire Controller Organizations and external customers.
- Responsible for leading the off-shore teams to prepare, review and submit the subsidiaries financial reports with full footnote disclosures in a timely and accurate manner
- Proactively coordinate various subsidiaries audits by facilitating audit meetings, collaborating with other key business areas to provide support documents to external auditors, and tracking the completion and efficiency of each audit
- Ensure that newly adopted GAAP accounting changes are properly and timely reflected in the subsidiary reports
- Manage priorities effectively, ensure timely communication on any key deliverables, and lead the problem-solving discussions
- Closely monitor the critical elements related subsidiaries reporting, such as materiality thresholds, unbooked entries, management fees, and capital transactions and audit adjustments
- Fully understand the subsidiaries’ hierarchy structure changes and properly reflect them in the reporting system, workbooks and financial statements
- Prepare the BOD materials for certain subsidiaries by working closely with the financial controllership team
- Supervise the offshore team and provide direct assistance with the production of annual MassMutual Green Books, registrant reporting, NCENTs and 24f-2 reviews and filings
- Effectively collaborate with investment accounting, insurance accounting, subsidiaries controllership, investment operations, accounting policy, financial close & consolidations, corporate tax, expense management, capital management and other departments, as appropriate
- Continue to improve the process and audit efficiency, and support critical projects/initiatives
The Minimum Qualifications
- BS in accounting or finance
- 5+ years of experience in financial analysis and reporting
The Ideal Qualifications
- MBA or equivalent preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) qualification strongly preferred
- Significant knowledge and experience of US GAAP and statutory reporting
- Well organized and pay close attention to details
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate strong accountability and commitment
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt to change
- Ability to proactively take ownership of assignments and drive them through to completion
- Work in a fast paced and agile work environment to meet or exceed deadlines
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships across cross-functional groups
- Experience working in a Finance transformational setting, driving continuous improvements and efficiencies beyond own scope of responsibility
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Regular meetings Subsidiaries Reporting teams, across External Reporting groups and within entire CFO organization
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical nosiness with industry leading pay and benefits
#LI-MS1MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.