Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Senior Underwriting Strategist - Strategic Consultant
Senior Underwriting Strategist - Strategic ConsultantRemote - US Blueprint Job ID R14413
*THIS POSITION IS 100% REMOTE / VIRTUAL*
Work from home anywhere in the United States
We are seeking a virtual Senior Underwriting Strategist – Strategic Consultant to join our team!
Why this opportunity –
The Senior Underwriting Strategist will drive program and strategic vision, direction and coordination on specific efforts. Also, will identify innovative opportunities, work with stakeholders to evaluate opportunities and determine the ones worthy of business and technology investment that align to our overall strategy. You’ll utilize your technical acumen, life underwriting knowledge in this highly customer centric role managing stakeholder and change management.
Meet the team -
Operations is renewing its focus on Underwriting Innovation - this role will be at the center of our Underwriting, Risk & Governance programs partnering directly with the Corporate Chief Underwriter and their team.
- Ideation- Drive project vision and direction. Identify innovative opportunities, work with stakeholders to evaluate opportunities and determine the ones worthy of business and technology investment. Ability to understand emerging tech trends, see how they impact technical road map, and how they drive innovation
- Prioritization and backlog management of their or other assigned projects/efforts- Working with business and technology stakeholders, identify and build a prioritization framework to evaluate competing priorities and facilitate prioritization conversations.
- Portfolio Management of Underwriting efforts focused on innovation, audit mitigation and advisor experiences.
- Responsible for leading projects to help improve customer experience, reduce advisor friction and empower our home office underwriting staff.
- Accountable for delivery and health of work-cell (agile or waterfall) team(s) including backlog grooming, establishing user stories, prioritizing work through sprints and advocating for business goals.
- Create an environment that is proactive, agile, economical, collaborative fun and accountable
- Responsible for managing capacity / demand of the business
- Provides information to business partners about product line improvement opportunities and collaborates with them to drive down costs and support capabilities
- Change management- Collaborate and coordinate business readiness activities with key Business Readiness Leads and partners within Communications.
- Build and monitor key metrics to ensure success is achieved including follow-up plans to increase adoption or efficiency as needed
- Initiate and implement corrective action as needed – build out of contingency plans
- Ownership of coordinating all efforts associated with their deliverable including but not limited to cost, schedule, quality and scope
- Single person accountable for the overall success and delivery of their effort acts as the project champion
- Provides sign off and review of user stories or requirements - both functional and non functional
- Participate in sprint planning and review meetings providing guidance to business and IT for any backlog or pending initiatives
- Has business input and sign off on business case, business benefits and CBA
- A comfort in failing fast
- Bachelors degree, MBA preferred
- 2+ years of Underwriting experience
- 5+ years of overall industry experience
- 2+ years of business/IT leadership, business unit leadership, or other functional leadership experience
- Bachelors degree, MBA preferred
- Strong history of sound decision making
- Highly collaborative and passionate
- High degree of optimism – assume the best intent!
- Self-driven, extremely energetic individual who has the vision of enhancing the new business and underwriting value chain for advisers, clients and stakeholders
- Understanding how to quantify and convey business results
- Experience in managing business engagements starting from building strong relationship with the various business leads to balancing a wide variety of priorities
- Proven ability to apply financial insights and draw accurate conclusions from financial and other quantitative information
- Assists in the development and definition of the business partners’ strategy
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing and reasoning skills – ability to concisely tell a story clearly conveying the benefits, risks and action steps
- Demonstrated leadership in coordinating initiatives across business and organizational boundaries, and building effective cross-functional teams
- Ability to travel and work under periods of stress.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.