Litigation AttorneySpringfield, Massachusetts Legal Job ID R14353
A candidate has already been identified.
This attorney will be an integral part of MassMutual’s Litigation team, which is responsible for oversight and/or management of all disputes (live and emerging) involving MassMutual and its material subsidiaries. This is an excellent opportunity in MassMutual’s Law Department to work across the entire organization to develop and implement dispute resolution strategies in an effort to effectively and efficiently manage the Company’s risk profile.
This attorney will directly interact with clients at all levels from all areas of the organization, which necessarily requires top tier written and verbal communication skills as well as a keen understanding of the various business’ priorities and levels of risk tolerance.
- Enable business goals through strategic, creative and proactive legal support to all areas of the Company.
- Advise and counsel business leadership regarding new and existing disputes.
- Partner with outside counsel to ensure that disputes are being effectively and efficiently managed to deliver optimal outcomes for the Company, taking numerous considerations into account.
- Assist the various business teams with assessment of litigation risk areas with their products, distribution and operations.
- Provide strategic counsel with respect to the financial and non-financial impacts of disputes on the business.
- Work with Office of Information Governance to provide legal support for all initiatives, projects and day-to-day work related to maintenance/management of the Company’s information assets.
The Minimum Qualifications
- JD from an accredited law school, a member of the Bar in good standing (any state), and the ability to become licensed for in-house practice in Massachusetts (if not currently licensed in Massachusetts).
- 4+ years at a law firm or in Corporate Law Department working on litigation/investigation matters (preference for experience in the financial services sector and/or plaintiff-side experience).
The Ideal Qualifications
- Superior organizational, interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong client-relationship skills and the ability to consult with and persuade at all levels.
- Committed focus on achieving superior results by working collaboratively as a member of a high performing team.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately prioritize constantly shifting tasks, organize and coordinate work while showing initiative, independence and impeccable judgment.
- Experience using technology and data analytics to assist with workflow management and strategic decision-making.
- A self-starting, business-savvy professional with a willingness to work hard, contribute to all types of projects and commit to continuous learning and improvement.
- Willingness to travel (domestically) as case load requires.
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Litigation team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefit
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.