Managing Director Benefits
Managing Director BenefitsRemote - US Sales Job ID R14320
We’re looking for an experienced Managing Director, Benefits to join our team! You’ll build relationships directly with buyers and intermediaries to promote and sell MassMutual’s products, while also working with internal partners to coordinate client support.
The Worksite Insurance business is growing as we aim to reach middle class workers in support of the company’s vision to provide financial well-being to all Americans. Worksite has achieved success in recent years distributing our Group Voluntary and Executive products through our multi-channel distribution relationships. To further this success, we must continue to evolve our strategy to reach more advisors and customers, which means growing our sales team in key locations, while providing them an enhanced self-service, digital experience to allow us to aggressively grow top line sales.
The Managing Director, Benefits is responsible for new sales growth in their territory through establishing consultative partnerships with major worksite and voluntary benefit distributors to include brokers/consultants, agents, and enrollment firms. The MDB will also build strong productive relationships with their local MassMutual General Agency.
The MDB will be responsible for:
- staying informed on health care trends, market intelligence, and product information for all product solutions within voluntary benefits
- establishing, updating, and managing target account lists and pipeline management reports
- following a comprehensive sales process that will include marketing programs, educational seminars, customer needs analysis meetings, presentations to develop new sales.
- managing both external and internal stakeholders throughout the sales process and contributing to sales planning, forecasting and product development
The Minimum Qualifications
- 5+ years of sales experience.
- 2+ years of experience with voluntary benefits, ancillary benefits, or other group benefits.
- 1+ year of experience generating and analyzing reports to enhance sales or customer experience.
- 1+ year of experience with MS Office Suite and Salesforce.
- Licensed agent in your resident state for Life & Health.
- Reside in your assigned territory.
- Ability to travel 70% within territory or other meetings as required.
- High school diploma or GED
The Ideal Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Consultative sales experience with excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills, adept at handling multiple tasks simultaneously, committed to follow through and completing assignments in a timely & professional manner.
- Interpersonal effectiveness with proven ability to establish/maintain mutually respectful relationships with managers, peers, support staff, agents/brokers and customers; handle conflict, resolve complex issues, negotiate, achieve consensus and promote team spirit.
Compensation:$80k- $100k base salary range plus a sales-based incentive opportunity (targeted at appx 70%-75% of total wages)
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Worksite team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.