Investment Operations Business Specialist
Investment Operations Business SpecialistSpringfield, Massachusetts Business Analysis Job ID R14272
Investment Operations Business Specialist
Investment Operations Data Management
Boston, MA or Springfield, MA
As an Investment Operations Business Specialist, you will partner with investment data business users and technology teams to evaluate and interpret all changes occurring within the Investment Ecosystem to ensure appropriate test planning, documentation, communication, and ownership is in place. This can include third party vendor software releases, internal business as usual (BAU) changes and any required regulatory or reporting changes. You will take ownership of regular vendor meetings to address and tracking software issues or ‘bug fixes’ and driving resolution both internally and with the vendor. The nature of the work will require perseverance, accountability, attention to detail and the ability to react to everchanging business needs
The Investment Operations Data Management team is part of the MassMutual Investment Operations team within the Investment Management division. The Investment Operations Data Management oversees all securities related data ingested into and extracted from the Investment Data Ecosystem for all assets in MassMutual’s General Investment Account (GIA). The team provides investment data and system subject matter expertise to projects across the organization and works to continuously improve processes impacting data flows. Investment Operations Data Management partners closely with Securities Cash Operations, Investment Controllership teams, Enterprise Risk Management, and others to address and resolve data related issues.
- Partnering with technology and investment data business users to understand software or data changes and translating changes to testing requirements.
- Defining and executing test cases owned by the Investment Operations Data Management team, tracking and documenting results
- Providing subject matter expertise to business testers regarding changes as needed
- Attending release or testing meetings as a representative of the Investment Operations Data Management team
- Facilitating biweekly issues meeting with third party vendor and understanding the prioritization of software issues across multiple investment data users
- Understanding the impact data changes can have throughout the Investment Ecosystem and communicating changes as necessary
The Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- 3+ years experience of software release testing or similar role
The Ideal Qualifications
- Understanding of investment data and investment operations processes
- Familiarity with investment securities transactions and lifecycle events
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related area
- Knowledge of Eagle PACE or like Data Management Tool
- Knowledge of Eagle STAR or like Investment Accounting platform
- Expert user of excel
- Familiarity with JIRA or similar tracking software
- Knowledge of SQL/Oracle query tools
- Microstrategy, or other reporting tool experience a plus
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Investment Operations Data Management Team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.