External Wholesaler, Life Insurance - REMOTE TX
We’re growing and our clients deserve the best. We have built a dynamic team of external wholesalers to drive the sales of MassMutual’s life insurance solutions to third party distributors. We are looking for a life insurance wholesaler to support the Southwest territory (TX, OK, KS, AR, LA, MS, AL). In this role you will build and grow relationships with IMO, BGA and Producer Groups in the Southwest territory, supporting sales efforts through the independent as well as national broker/dealer channels. You will be responsible for territory production, penetration rates and diversity of products sold through third-party distributors.
We have assembled a team of industry leading professionals making up our internal sales, key account management, advanced sales and sales enablement & marketing teams. The team has a track record of focusing on the customer, collaboration and achieving sales results. The team is entrepreneurial in spirit and doesn’t back away from a challenge. The team built a great sense of community and desire to execute given the division was established in 2021.
As the External Wholesaler – Life Insurance, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Maintain proactive sales relationships with financial professionals in the Southwest (TX, OK, KS, AR, LA, MS, AL) and/or assigned accounts through ongoing financial professional profiling, constant relationship-building, and refining and refreshing financial professional base of producers.
- Execute on specific activity expectations and territory management with IMOs, BGAs and Producer Groups to maximize opportunities and grow sales
- Share best practices, success stories with team
- Effectively partner with new business and underwriting on escalations/prioritizations in territory to achieve goals
- Monitors territory activities to assure they are meeting the overall company objectives
- Effectively manage travel and expense budget
The Minimum Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in life insurance wholesale distribution
- 2+ years of experience in an external wholesaling position
- Proven track record of developing sales results in assigned territory
- Experience in all channels of life insurance distribution is optimal
- State Life and Health License
- FINRA Series 6 or 7 and 63
- High school diploma
The Ideal Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
Compensation: $85k -$100k base salary range, plus sales based incentive opportunity (targeted at 65%-75% of total wages)
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the MMSD Life Insurance Team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.