Business Systems Analyst - Investments
Business Systems Analyst - InvestmentsBoston, Massachusetts Business Analysis Job ID R13838
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for the analysis, design, and testing of complex applications and system integration processes supporting MassMutual’s Investment Management Unit. This role supports strategic investment initiatives within these areas and ensures recommended solutions are aligned with business and MassMutual IT strategies while adhering to relevant technology standards.
This role leverages problem solving and analytical skills to design technical solutions related to data management and system integration challenges and contributes to troubleshooting efforts across multiple functional areas including General Investment Accounts, Separate Investment Accounts, Securities & various technology platforms supporting Investments.
This is a critical role in maintaining the cohesion between the business stakeholders and the technology delivery teams. It requires a deep and broad technology background conducive to that found in a “master application developer” but this is not a development position but will participate and guide technology decisions and best practices. It also requires a strong work ethic, the ability to work independently or in collaboration, exceptional communication skills, and knowledge of, or the aptitude to learn the investment management data domain.
- Perform analysis of business process, procedures, data and rules
- Experience with data-centric architectures, multi-dimensional time series, and techniques to guarantee robust data integrity
- Demonstrated ability to identify and understand critical business features that drive value, and translate those into solid technical solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to effectively and confidently interact with business and technical personnel, at all levels in the organization
- Proven technical leadership and mentoring skills
- Strong knowledge of the investment management industry, asset liability management, and risk management across multiple asset classes, public and private, including derivatives
- Candidates must combine an attention to detail with the ability to see the big picture
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively using verbal and written methods to all levels of an organization
- Proficient with standard documentation tools (Visio, Excel, Word)
- Capable of applying knowledge to handle all but the most complex problems independently
- Drives continuous improvement and efficiencies beyond own scope of responsibility
The Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer or business-related field or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience with designing and implementing complex solutions
- 5+ years of investment data experience with an understanding of systems and data management.
- Exceptional data analysis experience working with large data sets and multiple sources of data. Expert user of excel and proficient with SQL/Oracle query tools.
- Can work with limited guidance on complex projects. Anticipates change and is comfortable with multiple priorities
- Strong quantitative orientation, analytical skills, a high level of intellectual curiosity, tolerance for ambiguity and seasoned judgment.
- Must be able to explore multiple solutions to a problem and present and defend solutions based on an analysis of facts and an understanding of client needs
- Desire to learn and ability to apply learnings to business issues
- Self-starter with proven ability to organize and direct quality work efforts
- Ability to communicate well across all levels of the organization
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work in a team based environment
- Demonstrated experience in solution design
- Strong understanding and adherence to IT SDLC and operational best practices
The Ideal Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of ETL development with deep understanding of the SDLC, development patterns, and best practices
- Strong knowledge of DevOps and cloud delivery
- Knowledge of data governance and data management technologies and methodologies
- Ability to apply technical and business knowledge across multiple business functions
- Ability to work in close collaboration with project/program managers, architects, developers, and testers to optimize the quality of the developed product
- Skilled in interacting between internal business partners, internal IT teams, and offshore partners
- Ability to effectively estimate time to complete design and development tasks
- Influence design & architecture inclusive of technical (non-functional) requirements
- Ability to communicate clearly and to simplify complex topics for a wide range of audiences (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work through complex issues, identify themes, and develop solutions, in time-critical situations.
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of business processes and functional requirements and skill to be able to translate business requirements into succinct functional / technical specifications, experience writing ETL requirements, and providing close oversight of specifications
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and platforms
- Ability to adhere to project schedules and meet deadlines in the execution of job responsibilities
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.