Regional External Wholesaler - Wealth Management
MassMutual Investments is a diversified multi-manager investment platform focused on the retirement and wealth management channels. We leverage an open architecture framework to develop innovative solutions to solve the most pressing investment needs of our clients. We are seeking a Regional Managing Director – US Wealth (External Wholesaler) to cover the Midwest Region (IL, MI, IN, OH, WI, MN)
MassMutual Investments is a rapidly growing area of the organization. You’ll have a tremendous opportunity to help shape our future growth. Your expertise, strategic thinking, and dedication will greatly impact our organization, drive industry innovation, and help our clients secure their financial future.
MassMutual Investments manages over $45 billion across 100+ portfolios, spanning equities, fixed income, and multi-asset solutions. We have developed partnerships with some of the world's largest asset managers, and specialized investment boutiques who sub-advise our investment strategies. We are rapidly expanding our solutions in the wealth channel, and we are seeking a highly motivated individual to help drive our dynamic and collaborative effort.
As a Regional Managing Director, you will be responsible for distributing our broad array of investment products and solutions, primarily open-ended funds sub-advised by Barings and other industry-leading managers, into the wealth management space. You will represent and promote MassMutual sub-advised funds within multiple financial intermediary channels, including wirehouses, independent broker-dealers, bank trusts, and RIAs.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for increasing fund gross and net sales as well as improving asset retention in all channels of the retail market including wirehouse, independent broker-dealers, bank trusts, and RIAs.
- Provide consulting and support to various retail channels, including financial advisors and, when warranted, their clients.
- Responsible for visiting various retail channels within the region regularly to build relationships, increase brand awareness, and gross and net sales.
- Develop a business strategy within the territory, including implementing business plans around focus firms and identifying business opportunities, while appropriately managing expenses and resource allocations.
- As a representative of MassMutual Investments, you will attend and present at conferences and events to showcase our offerings, expertise, and value propositions.
The Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of external sales experience at a mutual fund distributor or asset management firm
- 1+ years of experience with Morningstar Direct and Salesforce
- Travel requirements estimated 80%
- Series 7 & 63
- Located within territory
The Ideal Qualifications
- Strong technical acumen, excellent writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Established relationships at wirehouse, independent, regional broker dealers and RIAs
- Ability to identify and empathize with client needs, as well as understand the market demand and requirements
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills including demonstrated experience with research, data gathering and the ability to think strategically
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, with a proven ability to collaborate with diverse, multi-functional teams
Compensation:$120k - $130k base salary range plus a sales-based incentive opportunity (targeted at 65% -70% of total wages)
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the MassMutual Investment team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.