Head of Enterprise Technology and Experience Strategic Finance
Head of Enterprise Technology and Experience Strategic FinanceBoston, Massachusetts Finance & Accounting Job ID R14166
The Head of Enterprise Technology Experience (ETX) Strategic Finance will work with management of both ETX and CFO to provide high quality analysis and information to facilitate decision-making. The incumbent will report to the Head of Strategic Finance Business Partners, who reports to the CFO.
As the senior corporate finance executive working regularly with the senior management team of ETX, this role is responsible for leading the Corporate Finance work with ETX:
- Preparing high quality financial analysis and information to influence important decisions. This includes preparing quarterly reviews of spend versus plan and forecasts, and contributing to the development of robust CBAs.
- Regularly working with the ETX leadership team on the development and support of strategic plans, and short-term and long-term management goals and objectives, appropriately balancing finance partner and corporate stewardship responsibilities.
- Be a respected thought partner in the development and execution of strategies and initiatives to achieve organizational aspirations, including active, ongoing involvement in pursuing the Strategic Planning and Delivery revenue enhancement and efficiency goals. This includes working to simplify financial processes, data flows and assignment and allocations of costs.
- Maintaining strong knowledge of technology development life cycle process, technology innovation, technology risk analysis and assessment, technology management, competitor technology practices, and key industry metrics – which are used to assess risk, return on investment and spend versus budget.
- Monitoring financial performance drivers, risks, metrics and timely communicating trends and observations
- Making available primarily and/or through dashboards high quality financial information to facilitate important decisions, working with FP&A, Controllers, Actuarial, Corporate Strategy and others. This includes developing variance explanations and the technology financial performance story.
- Driving the development of ETX forecasts, employing driver-based estimates where appropriate.
- Being a central point for communication between ETX and the CFO organization, leveraging work done throughout CFO to provide holistic finance support to ETX and streamlining requests from CFO of ETX.
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with ETX, business and corporate leaders, through regular value-add involvement in planning, strategy and team update meetings.
- Communicating complex information and analysis in clear, understandable terms with appropriate context, focused on actionable content.
- Inspire, lead and execute on CFO finance transformation goals, including data-driven financial analysis, automated reporting, advanced analytics; developing staff and successors for key roles. Also, work to influence the culture, promoting self-service, collaboration, benchmarking and disciplined cost-benefit analyses
- Create an environment that fosters a culture of innovation, empowerment and collaboration.
- Actively champion the CFO division’s work to attract, retain, and develop top-tier diverse talent.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to influence and lead others toward shared goals and objectives
- Required: 10-15 years experience working on financial aspects of large, sophisticated technology organizations, digital transformations and data strategy, including experience in financial services (experience with permanent insurance a plus).
- Knowledge of applicable U.S. GAAP financial reporting requirements (insurance regulatory reporting a plus)
- Exceptional relationship building and influencing skills
- Excellent communication and listening skills, including the ability to convey complex information in readily understandable terms.
- Demonstrated experience with creative problem-solving and process improvement
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple deliverables
- Ability to travel between Boston and Springfield each week
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.