Analyst, immerseBoston, Massachusetts Finance & Accounting Job ID R14169
Analyst, immerse - Summer 2024
Strategy, Corporate Development and Consumer & Market Insights Group
immerse is a rotational experience based out of MassMutual’s Boston office, open to recent graduates interested in building a strong foundation across fourinterrelated disciplines with flexibility to pursue a range of compelling future leadership opportunities.
MassMutual is a market-leading financial services company seeking analysts for a unique full-time developmental experience called “immerse”. This rotational experience based out of our Boston office, is open to recent graduates interested in building a strong foundation across four interrelated disciplines with flexibility to pursue a range of compelling future leadership opportunities.
After an initial two years, immerse participants should expect to transition to new roles. Pathways may include retention within MassMutual’s Strategy, Corporate Development, Consumer Insights, and Market Insights functions (contingent on exceptional performance), MassMutual positions outside the group (e.g., divisional or operational roles), or positions outside MassMutual (e.g., finance, technology, graduate school).
Learn more about the opportunity at our website: immerse.massmutual.com.
MassMutual’s Strategy, Corporate Development, Consumer Insights, and Market Insights functions consists of high-caliber professionals from management consulting and investment banking backgrounds with deep functional expertise. Leaders mentor analysts in an apprenticeship setting. immerse aims to transform bright, enterprising graduates into confident, dynamic professionals with strong foundations in structured thinking, problem-solving, quantitative, and qualitative analysis. Analysts will build expertise across a wide and deep range of topics that are transferable across career paths and leadership roles.
- Brainstorm with team-members to break down complex, unstructured problems into sizeable and logical “working assertions”
- Structure and communicate points of view to prove or disprove working assertions, making use of best practices in competitive, industry, and consumer research
- Analyze data and interpret trends; build quantitative, financial models to value assets and evaluate business plans; evaluate large, proprietary datasets to uncover actionable insights
- Build client relationships through interactions across the business; participate and actively capture takeaways from executive meetings and develop compelling presentation skills
- Bean energetic member of the team and takeownership of team morale and culture; proactively highlight ways to improve the experience for yourself and other members of team; lead by example
The Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (or attainment by June 2024)
- Evidence of quantitative skillset through course selection or certifications
The Ideal Qualifications
- Preferred majors include Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Engineering or similar
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.5
- Past internship experience in either management consulting or financial services
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated Attributes: We are looking for candidates who have demonstrated these qualities:
- Creative, high-energy problem solving with strong reasoning and quantitative skills
- Highest standards of integrity and ability to put the team ahead of one’s self
- Ambition for a successful career supported by grit, determination, & hard-work
- Strong academic achievements complemented by extracurricular, team achievements showcasing leadership responsibilities
What to Expect as part of MassMutual and the Team
- Exposure to senior leaders across the company
- Opportunities to personally advise senior leaders across the company on the most pressing and strategically important topics
- A close-knit team of colleagues who get together for regular happy hours and team building events (e.g., baseball games, harbor cruises, “escape rooms,” to name a few)
- The best aspects of external consulting (e.g., opportunity for strategic impact, exposure to senior executives, coaching, team leadership, and professional growth) while minimizing the downsides (e.g., potential misalignment of incentives, travel, non-strategic projects)
- Access to mentorship and professional development opportunities and the ability to serve as mentor to junior team members
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms to support your ongoing learning and development
The Application Process
- Please complete the application process on Workday and make sure to submit both your transcript and resume
- In case of any questions / clarifications with the application logistics, please contact: Abby Enes, email@example.com
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.