The Accounting team prepares and verifies financial information used to drive strategic decision making by senior management. The team maintains the books and records for the company and manages day to day financial operations. By partnering with colleagues throughout the organization, the team helps to ensure that all departments are successful in achieving their goals and driving the company’s growth. Ideal for candidates with a desire to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment with exposure to senior management.
What will you own?
- Participate in the monthly close process through balance sheet account reconciliations and data analysis.
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files.
- Assist with daily accounting transactions, including payroll entries and employee expenses.
- Perform monthly general ledger account reconciliations for various accounts, including (but not limited to) fixed assets, deferred revenue, and various other liability accounts.
- Analyze and critically assess transactions to determine appropriate treatment based on company accounting policies.
- Assist with financial statements preparation and auditor review by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system.
- Record the cost of newly acquired fixed assets, track existing fixed assets, and record depreciation and disposition of fixed assets.
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommend changes.
- Special projects as required.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 1+ years of experience in an accounting or finance role.
- Strong background and proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong understanding of accrual basis accounting.
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage and meet deadlines.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills - ability to communicate and collaborate with colleagues of all seniority levels throughout the organization.
- Knowledge of financial statements.