Senior Test Engineer
As a Test Engineer on the Operations Engineering team, you will design, automate, and improve testing for Markforged hardware products. You'll create systems to monitor and control device deployment using advanced telemetry and manufacturing data. Your role is key to ensure the devices meet top quality standards and satisfy customers. Reporting to the Operations Engineering Lead, you'll collaborate with contract manufacturers and suppliers, and work with operation, manufacturing, and engineering teams. The ideal person for this role communicates effectively, manages projects well, has strong engineering knowledge, can multitask, and thrives in a fast-paced setting.
What will you own?
- Own the development, generation, and validation of calibration and system level testing of hardware and software
- Utilize real-world data to design and build systems and software for validation of electro-mechanical assemblies, critical-to-quality specifications, functional requirements, and full system performance
- Oversee automated test creation and validation for new product introduction launches to ensure new devices perform to strict standards required by our industry leading technology
- Work cross-functionally with Markforged Electrical, Hardware, and Software teams to ensure best practice for design for test (DFT) on existing product line and new product introductions (NPI)
- Support existing product lines at contract manufacturers and lead/coordinate continuous improvement projects to reduce downtime, increase productivity and drive improvement culture with CMs
- Support process qualifications and capability studies (custom test fixture validation, Gage R&R, DOEs, FMEA’s, etc)
- Develop scripts to process test data and display metrics dashboards to analyze continuous improvements opportunities
- Coordinate with supply chain management to flow-down testing requirements to Contract Manufacturers and sub-tier suppliers
- Report manufacturing key performance indicators (KPIs) to ops/eng leaders and to senior management
What you have:
- Highly competent in Linux-based industrial systems
- Proficient in programming, debugging and testing in Python
- Experience in designing custom testing fixtures and/or selection of off the shelf solutions based on engineering, quality, & manufacturing requirements.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving electromechanical issues on a production assembly and test line
- Ability to read electrical schematics.
- Experience working in an electromechanical manufacturing environment to create test plans and procedures for complex assemblies and/or system level end of line testing
- 5+ years in product-based electromechanical assemblies in a hands-on, fast paced, engineering and manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science (Masters preferred). Consideration may be given to significant equivalent experience.
- Willingness to travel 30-40% in region, with some domestic/international travel