Technical Support Engineer II
The goal of the Customer Solutions team is to drive customer experience and success with Markforged products. We accomplish this through timely and detailed responses, listening to customer needs and guiding them to the fullest use of the products we offer. We are looking for people with the right mix of compassion, writing skills, and technical knowledge to get the job done.
What will you own?
- Represent Markforged by providing excellent reseller and customer support while driving experience through a customer-first support model.
- Become an advanced user on all Markforged products.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve customer issues and questions.
- Be an active member of a team that provides first class support via email, web and phone.
- Collaborate with Markforged Development teams to improve the customer experience with our newest and current products.
- Create and improve both technical and process documentation to improve the support experience for our users.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline with a minimum of 2 years related professional experience, or an equivalent technical background.
- 2+ years of experience working in a customer-facing technical support role or similar.
- Ability to commute 5 days/week to our Waltham, MA HQ
- Proficiency with support industry tools & practices such as case management, knowledge base, defect & escalation management.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of one or more: 3D Printing, CAD, Mechanical or Robotics Engineering, and Cloud Technologies.
- Working knowledge of compressed gas cylinders, gas equipment, or similar high-pressure systems is preferred.
- Ability to deliver a superior customer experience to our users.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and make related technical language understandable.
- Passion for solving tough problems and proposing elegant solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.