Manager, Quality Engineering
The Manager, Quality Engineering plays a crucial role in ensuring that Markforged’s filament and electromechanical devices meet the highest industry standards. This position directly influences the company's reputation, customer satisfaction, and bottom line by ensuring the quality throughout the manufacturing process. As our operations expand both domestically and internationally, maintaining a robust Quality Management System (QMS) and fostering strong relationships with contract manufacturers are paramount. This role makes certain that we consistently meet and exceed these standards.
What Will You Own?
- Quality Management System (QMS) Oversight: Oversee the implementation and ongoing enhancement of a solid QMS, ensuring alignment with industry standards and regulatory demands.
- Quality Assurance Strategy: Implement and uphold quality assurance processes, guidelines, and best practices throughout the manufacturing lifecycle.
- Quality Metrics Scrutiny: Analyze quality metrics regularly, identifying areas for improvement and driving the necessary corrective/preventive measures.
- New Product Quality Oversight: Participate in the new product development process, ensuring quality remains a top priority from the start.
- Contract Manufacturer Relationships: Build strong connections with both domestic and international contract manufacturers, guiding them to uphold our rigorous product quality and consistency standards.
- PLM System: Oversee PLM system implementation, integration, and continuous improvement. Collaborate with stakeholders to standardize processes and ensure regulatory compliance. Provide training, support, and reporting to optimize product lifecycle management.
- Team Leadership: Lead a team of quality assurance professionals, fostering their professional growth.
- Interdepartmental Interaction: Work alongside different internal departments, ensuring quality objectives align with the company's overarching ambitions.
- Audit Handling: Conduct both internal and external quality audits, designing and managing any corrective action plans that result from these assessments.
- Continuous Advancement: Stay updated on the latest industry evolutions and quality management best practices, integrating them where relevant.
- Customer-Centric Approach: Address customer feedback and complaints promptly and effectively, reinforcing our commitment to premium service.
Important Note: Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, or a related field. Master’s preferred.
- 7+ years of quality management experience in manufacturing, with 3+ years in a leadership role.
- Demonstrated ability in developing and enhancing Quality Management Systems.
- Proficiency in quality tools such as First Article Inspections (FAI), Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA), 8D Problem Solving, Root-Cause Analysis, Corrective Action, Mistake Proofing, Lean Manufacturing, and Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Advanced knowledge of PLM systems. Arena Solutions “Arena” experience is a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of thermoplastic extrusions and electromechanical device manufacturing.
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing principles, 5S, Six Sigma, and Kanban Systems. Six Sigma Green Belt preferred.