Manager, Planning and Purchasing
The Manager, Planning and Purchasing is a key member of the Markforged Supply Chain Leadership team. The person in this role will be responsible for leading the company’s demand and supply planning, inventory management, S&OP and tactical procurement while implementing best practices to build a high functioning team to support a rapidly growing business and diverse customer base on a global scale. This person will be confident in their skills and be eager to face the ever-changing challenges of a global supply chain while striving to ensure customer satisfaction through robust and quality processes. Join us to be part of an innovative, growing and forward thinking team that is Reinventing Manufacturing today!
In this role you will:
- Manage a team that plans demand, supply and production as well as tactical procurement across multiple production and fulfillment sites.
- Help develop and execute a plan for appropriate inventory quantity, stock levels, and stock changes across multiple locations.
- Own the Markforged S&OP process, leading cross departmental coordination to drive high forecast accuracy and customer on time deliveries.
- Build and grow a team of high performing planners and buyers.
- Implement continuity and risk management program around planning and buying processes.
- Support NPI planning and launch execution.
- Responsible for oversight of the MRP process and dictating build and Purchase Order Coverage.
- Coordinate and optimize data systems to drive value and efficiency.
- Strategically align team, processes and priorities to meet sales and customer needs.
- Act as a dynamic member of the Supply Chain team resolving any arising problems.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in supply chain, or program management
- 2+ years experience in people management
- Working knowledge of Inventory Management, Supplier Management, S&OP Process execution, Supply and Demand Planning, LEAN Manufacturing and Data structure for supply chain systems
- Passion for efficiency, customer service, continuous improvement and working as a team
- Strong Communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and problem solving abilities
- Ability to react quickly to changing priorities
- Self-motivated and self-directed, with a positive attitude
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in ERP/MRP systems
- Manages multiple projects with a sharp attention to detail
- Highly skilled in G-Suite apps