Manager, Revenue Accounting
What you will do in a Manager, Revenue Accounting role at Kyruus:
- You’ll own activities in accordance with the monthly close timeline and adherence to US GAAP, primarily in the area of revenue accounting.
- You’ll own the full order-to-cash process from monthly invoicing to balance sheet reconciliations to cash collections.
- You’ll own GL entries and account reconciliations including classification of short and long-term deferred revenue and revenue accruals.
- You’ll work cross functionally with several department leads and team members including sales, legal, professional services, and FP&A.
- You’ll review sales contracts to ensure appropriate revenue recognition in accordance with company policy.
- You’ll complete month-end and year-end close activities. Prepare journal entries, account reconciliations and other analyses as needed.
- You’ll Perform audit requests and special projects as required.
- You’ll partner with internal stakeholders such as FP&A, sales and services to ensure appropriate invoicing, revenue recognition and cash collections are performed
- You’ll act as the key point of contact for revenue accounting for the annual financial statement audit and take on other ad-hoc projects.
- You’ll report to the Director, Revenue Accounting & Operations in the Finance Department within the General & Administrative Division.
How You Can Grow
- Kyruus will bring you through an onboarding process that is both structured and self-guided, designed to enable connection and productivity as you learn more about our company, functions and products. Additionally, we have a culture of feedback, inclusive of our performance review process that provides you with the coaching, resources and opportunities to help you learn and grow with us.
- Kyruuvians in the Manager, Revenue Accounting role can move in a more linear career path to a Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting position. From there, you could move into a Director level role or explore other management positions within the Finance vertical.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with your manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.
What you will bring:
- You’ll use your 5+ years of experience in a revenue accounting role, preferably with a CPA and experience in public accounting to:
- Bring and share core knowledge of US GAAP revenue accounting.
- Experience working at a software or SaaS company
- Experience working cross functionality to complete tasks/projects
- Proficient skills in other Microsoft Office and G Suite applications.
- The following items are a plus, but are not required:
- NetSuite experience, including the ARM, SuiteBilling, and Dunning modules
- SFDC experience
- An understanding that you are willing to tackle work that the team is responsible for that might not be specifically included in this job description.
- You will bring an appreciation that we are one Finance team who is working towards the same goals, and when needed we help each other out to ensure the team is successful.
- Progress our use of systems to help build more efficient processes.