Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Associate Engineering Manager
Associate Engineering Manager
Who We Are
For over 25 years, Native Instruments has been at the forefront of sonic innovation. Guided by our mission to inspire and enable creators to express themselves, we develop integrated audio hardware and software solutions for musicians, producers, engineers, and DJs of all genres and levels of experience.
The Audio Production Engineering Team is responsible for building audio production products that music producers, sound designers, and audio engineers need and love. Our products are multi-platform C++ desktop applications and plugins, which incorporate cutting edge intelligent digital signal processing algorithms, machine learning techniques, and web technology. The team is highly collaborative, has a passion for audio technology and high-quality code, and in learning how to continually improve our craft. We are seeking an engineering manager to join the team, who will support and empower engineers to do their best work while fostering a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
What You'll Do
- You will manage and develop engineers from entry level through senior technical leaders, including hiring, coaching, career development and performance management.
- You will provide thought leadership with the goal of being a best-in-class engineering team; facilitate continuous improvement in delivery speed, quality, value and applied innovation using metrics in a fast-paced Agile environment.
- You will empower the team to do their best work, through coaching, mentorship, training, support, and promoting behaviors of self-organizing teams.
- You will oversee and manage Engineering Release responsibilities for product releases from concept to production, collaborating with cross functional leaders (PM, GTM, Design, Customer Care) to maximize business outcomes while keeping an eye on health metrics and future maintenance cost.
What You'll Need
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- You are an experienced coach and have provided technical leadership to software development teams with a collaborative mindset.
- You possess a proven track record of delivering innovative customer-facing solutions in a continuous delivery model and cross-functional agile environment.
- You are passionate for driving and enabling positive process change, in-product experimentation and iterative learning.
- You can see the big picture, and enjoy thinking long-term, bringing the team and broader organization along with your technical vision and innovative solutions.
- You are experienced in hands-on technical projects, developing and delivering cross-platform production-quality desktop software written in C/C++ or equivalent. Solid understanding of test-driven development, design patterns, software frameworks, system architecture.
- You have past experience hiring, developing, retaining and managing teams. However first time managers will be considered.
Native Instruments embraces diversity and a respect for all people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we believe the foundation of our dynamic and pioneering spirit starts with a fair and inclusive culture. At Native Instruments we value teamwork and passion, deliver inspiring experiences, continuously innovate and empower our communities, while also serving our planet.
All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment at Native Instruments and we encourage everyone to apply – regardless of gender identity, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Help us reach our goal in making the future of music diverse, inclusive and exciting! We encourage you to submit your application without the requirement for a photograph, identifying factors or personal status information.