(Senior) QA Engineer (all genders)
(Senior) QA Engineer (all genders)
Who We Are
For over 25 years, Native Instruments has been at the forefront of sonic innovation. Guided by our mission to inspire and enable creators to express themselves, we develop integrated audio hardware and software solutions for musicians, producers, engineers, and DJs of all genres and levels of experience.
The Kontakt team is at the core of our Komplete business. We are crafting a state of the art development desktop application build in C++ which enables instrument developer to create sample-based instruments with a steady stream of new releases to fuel the creativity of our users. We collaborate with other teams and external partners to discover and explore new concepts and ideas. We aspire to deliver best in class instruments and cover a wide range of use cases.
You will work in a cross-functional team using Agile methodologies. Based in Berlin, Kreuzberg, you will join an international, multicultural, diverse and creative environment that supports professional growth and knowledge sharing.
What You'll Do
- Help the team to release with more confidence
- Collaborate with the engineers to design and execute automated and manual tests, and to develop tooling for testability.
- Advocate for the adoption of useful practices in regards to code health, testing, and maintainability
- Breaking down complex bugs and prepare them for the software engineers
- Owning the deployment of our software releases
- Support building a strong Kontakt Beta community
- Extracting relevant information for our product team from relevant sources
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers and product managers to solve compelling issues in an agile environment
- Work in an environment which supports learning and professional growth e.g. through mentoring, workgroups and communities of practice
- Present innovative ideas in roadmap projects, hackathons and cross-Soundwide workgroups
What You'll Bring
- An aspiration for engineering excellence, using knowledge sharing to learn from each other
- Practical experience in a scripting language, ideally Python and / or Lua. Knowledge of KSP is a strong plus.
- Professional experience in using frameworks for automated testing
- The ability to see errors and mistakes as an opportunity to learn and improve
- A holistic approach to a project, the solution you develop and the views of your colleagues
- An empathetic approach that puts user’s experience in the center
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the desire and ability to proactively communicate in an inclusive way. Experience in communicating with larger audiences (e.g. beta communities) is a plus.
- Enthusiasm for effective teamwork
- Domain knowledge in Electronic Music production or similar. Experience with Kontakt is a strong plus.
Native Instruments embraces diversity and a respect for all people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we believe the foundation of our dynamic and pioneering spirit starts with a fair and inclusive culture. At Native Instruments we value teamwork and passion, deliver inspiring experiences, continuously innovate and empower our communities, while also serving our planet.
All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment at Native Instruments and we encourage everyone to apply – regardless of gender identity, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Help us reach our goal in making the future of music diverse, inclusive and exciting! We encourage you to submit your application without the requirement for a photograph, identifying factors or personal status information.