Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Senior Communications Manager
We’re seeking a Communications Manager to help develop and implement InterSystems external communications strategy.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Communications Manager will play a key role in enhancing and protecting the company’s reputation and advancing brand and demand generation objectives.
The Communications team actively manages all external communications – including public relations, executive communications, social media, industry analyst relations, and other new, creative ways to effectively and efficiently position InterSystems. The team partners cross-functionally to develop, align and amplify messaging, rollout marketing campaigns and thought leadership programs; and monitor and respond to emerging issues.
- Co-lead in developing external communications strategy and driving execution for product launches, customer wins and customer success storytelling, and positive corporate developments for the company (awards, analyst report rankings, etc.).
- Build thought leadership and drive the company’s narrative and key messages, including rolling up your sleeves and writing communications materials, such as press releases, executive blogs, media pitches, op-eds, bylined articles, interview and event briefing documents, and executive talking points.
- In partnership with the Director of Communications, serve as the key media contact/resource on behalf of the company. Oversee day-to-day proactive and reactive contact with journalists at relevant media outlets covering IT, healthcare, and enterprise data management technologies.
- Create ongoing outreach programs to establish and strengthen media and other key relationships and to secure coverage through spokesperson interviews and op-ed and byline article placements.
- Proactively identify relevant industry and trend topics being covered by the media on which InterSystems can comment and coordinate responses to generate media coverage.
- Support the development and promotion of thought leadership and brand-building campaigns, engaging key audiences through multi-channel communications – including traditional media relations, video interviews and podcasts, and event and conference engagement.
- Manage -- and forge strong working relationships with -- external suppliers such as PR agencies, consultants, monitoring agencies, and subscription services.
- Play an enabling role in the company’s issues response process. Partner with teams across the business to deliver external communications counsel, messaging, statements and FAQ – to ensure clear, concise and consistent messaging across external audiences.
- Build collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams, including marketing, sales, legal, product management and others. As part of this, provide communications guidance to regional marketing teams in other markets.
- 12-15+ years of experience in external communications and media relations roles.
- Combined in-house and PR agency experience and past experience working with healthcare, B2B technology companies and/or data management software companies are a plus.
- Strong understanding of the media environment, with a proven track record building media relationships and pitching top-tier business, tech and vertical media outlets and securing coverage.
- Experience developing and managing product launches/events, executive visibility programs, and multi-channel communications programs (as part of integrated marketing and brand campaigns). Experience in issues/crisis management is a plus.
- Able to distill complex technology topics into digestible, relatable messaging and content. Proven track record working with spokespeople to deliver that content through facilitated media interviews.
- Experience in high-impact, multi-channel communications initiatives beyond traditional media relations, such as video, podcasts, events and conferences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. A writing skills evaluation is required in this application process.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects.
- A team player and creative thinker – with experience working with international teams.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or other relevant field.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.