Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
US Financial Controller
InterSystems is a private, $1B company with headquarters in Cambridge, MA and over 30 offices globally. Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, the primary responsibilities are to ensure corporation-wide adherence to company and external accounting, treasury, financial reporting and internal control policies and procedures.
- Lead month-end and year-end close procedures.
- Oversee accounting operations: AP, AR, GL, cash management, payroll, and financial reporting.
- Take part in budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Partner with regional controllers in South America, Europe, and Australia to ensure adherence to internal control and reporting standards.
- Develop and prepare key financial reporting for Senior Management.
- Work on special projects, research issues, and provide analysis.
- Assist Tax Director with corporate tax and accounting issues.
- Manage the corporate treasury function.
- Act as a key contributor in the design and maintenance of the company’s financial and reporting systems.
- Oversee and develop an accounting team of approximately 10 people.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience working in progressively responsible accounting roles or public accounting.
- Experience working in an international environment, including experience with foreign exchange, multi-currency reporting, and international transfer pricing.
- Experience working in a multi-subsidiary environment, including consolidations and intercompany accounts.
- Experience with Workday or similar ERP / accounting systems.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work in office a minimum of 3 days per week.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.