Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Senior Logistics Specialist - Technical Services
As the Logistics Specialist, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of IT logistics, including procurement, vendor relationships, license tracking, asset management, and contract administration. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that our IT infrastructure is well-maintained, cost-effective, and aligned with our business goals.
- To manage the purchasing process throughout the EMEA region, ensuring that appropriate levels of stock are maintained in each country as required.
- To review supplier arrangements to improve cost effectiveness and to find new suppliers.
- To manage software licenses, maintenance, and support contracts.
- To manage, record and update asset lists for all InterSystems technical assets within ServiceNow.
- To advise and contribute to asset lifecycle management processes and workflows in conjunction with global team.
- To manage any non-technical projects as required.
- Management equipment relocation as part of office moves.
- Overseeing destruction of unwanted technical equipment and media in an ISO-compliant manner.
- Identify opportunities in supplier relationships and licensing arrangements to improve management and financials of their products, either on a local, regional, or global level.
- To work closely with the other regions of Technical Services to ensure that our logistics processes are consistent and coordinated globally.
- Co-operate with technical support staff outside the EMEA Region and contribute to providing a coherent support strategy across InterSystems worldwide.
- Respect and maintain the confidentiality and security of sensitive files owned by the various departments, notably HR (Human Resources) and Finance, and office-wide emails.
- Self-assess development or training needs applicable to the post and advise the Manager of options.
- Experience of purchasing and managing supplier relationships.
- Familiarity with licensing models and concepts of the major technology vendors in the sector.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build strong working relationships with team members and stakeholders.
- Extremely high accuracy and attention to detail.
- The post-holder must be able and willing to travel to other offices within the region to support operations and any special projects as required from time to time.
- Experience with Workday or ServiceNow would be an advantage.
- Degree in a Technical Subject or relevant work experience.
- ITILv4 Foundation certification would be beneficial.
- This role covers EMEA, so additional languages would be a bonus.
As an equal opportunities employer, InterSystems does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join our organisation.
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.