The Technical Manager is the senior technical role responsible for successful delivery of implementation projects using InterSystems’ implementation methodology. He or she provides senior, dynamic leadership to all technical implementation activities. During initial customer engagements, the Technical Manager coordinates and oversees any necessary technical input to the proposal. Throughout the life of all engagements, the Technical Manager ensures that the necessary work is being completed on schedule and to appropriate quality. Where necessary, he or she instructs staff and monitors progress as well as acts as the lead, trusted advisor. The Technical Manager also works collaboratively with Implementation Program Management, Product Management and Development Teams to ensure successful delivery of implementation projects.
The Implementation Team is in the process of being set up within InterSystems and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with the Implementation Director to help lead the team development.
- Provide strong, dynamic Technical Leadership to all staff in the Implementation Team.
- Be respected and viewed as an authority by all technical staff.
- Work collaboratively with the Program and Project Managers to ensure the successful delivery of implementation projects.
- Provide technical oversight across all delivery engagements to ensure adherence to promised timelines, budgetary costs and quality standards.
- Work with Program and Project Management to ensure that the right technical resources are allocated at the right time, resolving any priority conflicts. Manage and plan the future resource requirements.
- Work with the Implementation Director to manage implementation partner relationships
- Lead, document and estimate the technical input to bids to understand the client requirements from a technical perspective. He or she will ultimately provide assurance that the proposal is achievable from a technical perspective.
- Participate in the commercial process, providing work estimates, inputting to implementation Statements of work.
- Be the escalation point for customer and partner issues and work to quickly resolve any issues or obstacles.
- Communicate with the client and sales staff to identify business needs, inputting into proposals to demonstrate the business benefits of the proposed technology solution.
- Stay engaged throughout the lifecycle via regular customer meetings to review progress against the documented solution and the timeline.
- Participate in client and InterSystems Steering Committee meetings as required.
- Provide advice and best practices to clients for technical areas related to custom developments, interfaces, reports, extracts, and data manipulation routines.
- Produce collateral such as white papers or case studies
- Keep up-to-date with InterSystems products and Healthcare and IT industry developments and undertake any relevant self-development or training.
- At least 10 years experience of enterprise software development, design and delivery.
- Strong technical competence across a broad range of technology components such as infrastructure, integration, databases and software development.
- Previous experience dealing with complex application deployments.
- Have managed a reasonable number of technical staff at all levels.
- Extensive customer-facing experience in both a pre- and post- sale context.
- Self-starter qualities to rapidly come up to speed with InterSystems products which are both large and complex.
- Familiarity with Project and Program delivery.
- Experience working with InterSystems technologies is desirable.
- Experience delivering applications to the healthcare sector is desirable
- Fluent English and Italian
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.