Senior Applications Developer
We are looking for a highly motivated, collaborative, goal-oriented, and creative problem solver to join a team of international experts supporting internal home-grown and third-party applications, who can work cross-functionally with internal customers, business analysts, and technical teams to understand, support, and deliver on business needs. This senior application developer will design and develop applications for use by InterSystems staff and its customers by exploiting rapid application development features in the InterSystems products.
What will you get out of this? The chance to be part of a mentorship-focused, friendly, supportive, close-knit team of technology professionals who love solving hard problems and delighting our users within the company and within our customer base.
- Work with internal users and capture needs for creating new applications as well as extending and enhancing current applications.
- Create and deploy new functionality and applications for use by InterSystems staff and their customers by exploiting the full power of the company’s products.
- Document the code and generate appropriate user
- Work closely with product developers to apply newly introduced InterSystems IRIS features to new and existing applications.
- Provide continuous feedback to the product development group regarding the new features in the product.
- Provide technical customer support and consultation service related to product installation and application.
- Assist in integrating company’s various applications.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
- Manage projects; initiate and drive multiple workflows to successful completion with strong communication and collaboration
- Support Integrations with legacy systems and other internal Applications
Required Skills / Qualifications
- Have at least 4 of the following 7 requirements:
- Experience in developing for multiple operating system environments including both Windows and Unix.
- Experience with a variety of user interface implementation approaches.
- Demonstrate competence in designing modern web applications based on REST and Angular
- Experience with Object Oriented design and development.
- Familiarity with InterSystems IRIS, Caché, or Ensemble.
- Have contributed substantially to the deployment of an application-rich intranet or extranet.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in a technical field or STEM.
- 4+ years of experience in a full stack development role
- Process improvement and/or program and project management background is a plus, preferably in a software or other technology company
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.