Senior Cloud Engineer
InterSystems’ Cloud Development initiatives help our clients transform their business through innovative technology solutions on the cloud. Our team thrives on the cutting-edge technology of InterSystems’ and the major cloud providers by building and integrating the best of the best parts to create solutions for the most challenging problems.
In world driven by constant changes and exciting new challenges, our team masters out-of-the-box thinking, problem solving, courage, team-work and excellence. Here, each and every one of us is responsible for our customers’ success and we trust each other that we are doing the best to meet their needs. Change and challenges are not just welcome, they are needed.
General Role Overview
As a Senior Cloud Engineer, you will apply your skills and experience to help drive business transformation for organizations. In addition to delivering innovative solutions for InterSystems’ clients, you will work with a highly skilled, diverse team who are using technology to address today’s biggest business challenges.
You will be responsible for building, deploying, orchestrating and automating the deployment of application packages. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participating in discussions to solve challenges using Infrastructure as Code tools including Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, or similar.
- Working with Infrastructure as Code using Git and CI/CD tools like Gitlab
- Authoring technical documentation to support engagements
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Advanced Windows Server or Linux administration.
- Track record of practical problem solving under pressure.
- Excellent communication, and documentation skills.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Advanced experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible, Puppet or Terraform.
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, Linux operating system internals, filesystems, disk/storage technologies and storage protocols.
- Experience with AWS, or other cloud infrastructure providers.
- Exposure to managing container-based workloads, using Kubernetes or other orchestration software.
- Familiarity with a high-level language like Python, PowerShell, Bash.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, and work well under pressure.
- Self-driven with an analytical mind and a bias towards action.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.