Business Development Manager - Healthcare
Business Development Manager – Healthcare
The Business Development Manager drives sales of the globally recognized InterSystems This includes managing all aspects of prospective and existing direct and partner accounts in order to generate sales revenue, contract renegotiation, keep the client happy, and ensure a productive and profitable business relationship. The Business Development Manager’s key accountabilities are to win new logo business and develop long term revenue streams from new customers.
This person will possess a strong understanding of Healthcare Market and customer focus and exceptional neg. The successful candidate will have a demonstrable track record of successfully articulating, and subsequently selling, technology-led solutions to new customers directly and through partner channels.
- Discover, qualify and develop new InterSystems business opportunities
- Build a pipeline of new activity for InterSystems within and outside the existing customer base.
- Develop new and expand existing customer and partner relationships, identify sponsors, and nurture technical, alliance and sales relationships to drive sales of InterSystems
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the political and organizational structure of a targeted prospect.
- Act as the principal liaison between InterSystems and partner or customer accounts.
- Understand competitive landscape and how the InterSystems fits into a total enterprise solution.
- Coordinate internal technical and non-technical resources to educate and to equip Business Partners with all the information they need to be successful.
- Meet with senior executives (CEO, VP Development, CTO, CIO) on a regular basis to identify a strategic and tactical opportunities, detailing “must solve” problems.
- Represent InterSystems at conferences to promote InterSystems.
- Manage, escalate and resolve technical or contractual issues.
- The successful applicant will have entrepreneurial qualities and will develop creative strategies to increase new business through new channels
- Partnering with InterSystems internal stakeholders (technical, marketing and business development teams) to develop compelling solutions for prospective customers
- 5-10 years related sales experience with above quota performance.
- Proven experience in developing and successfully executing against a sales plan.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience selling software solutions, a plus into the Healthcare sector
- Good understanding of interoperability, FHIR, Big Data, analytics and IOT markets.
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills.
- Capable of quickly learning new software product(s) and clearly communicating its value proposition.
- A proven closer, able to garner commitment every step of sales process.
- Proven experience in opening and developing new channel accounts through resellers or distributors of software solutions for data-rich industry needs.
- Evidence of sales success through customers or channel partners
- Excellent listening, written and communication skills
- Able to understand business requirements and to derive equitable solutions.
- Proven ability to present effectively at Board level
- Established relationships with potential contacts/partners and customers
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.