General Manager of Public Sector
National and local governments around the world rely on InterSystems technology to build applications for health and care, end-of-life care, public safety, and research, such as space exploration. We help them keep cities connected, communities safe, and improve the lives of their citizens.
The General Manager will provide sales leadership for all of InterSystems’s Public Sector vertical. This executive will lead the entire strategy for the business, including developing the go-to-market approach, creating partnership strategies, and identifying new paths of organic growth (including new markets, customers, and broader opportunities). Executive will lead from the front by coaching and enabling the team members to exceed their objectives on an annual basis while collaborating with internal stakeholders to achieve team success.
Core attributes of a successful Manager:
- Strategic Leadership - Develop and execute a comprehensive Federal, State Government and Health Information Exchange strategies aligned with the business objectives and the evolving needs of the different government agencies.
- Operational Management - Direct and manage the day-to-day operations of government team to ensure efficient resource allocation, adherence to policies and procedures, and successful execution of projects
- Team Management- Responsible for building and developing a team of quota carrying and lead generation sales professionals. Foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement within the teams
- Stakeholder Collaboration - Establish and maintain strong relationships with key clients and stakeholders (including the proposal team). Understand the objectives of customers, system integrators, implementation partners, and other constituents involved in improving government through innovation
- Business Growth - Drive the growth of the public section by identifying market opportunities, developing strategic plans, and collaborating with sales and business development teams - Maintain strong relationships with existing and potential clients - Manage YoY growth targets of 15% and position value of Intersystems technology platforms.
Experience we Value:
- Proven track record of leading large-scale enterprise software sales teams for Public Sector including a minimum of 3 years leadership experience in 2nd level management (manager of managers or team leads) and total of 12 years of software experience with at least 50% in Public Sector
- We highly encourage individuals with military backgrounds to apply, as we consider the skills acquired through military service as valuable to the success of our team.
- Experience in a senior-level roles working with customers in Public Sector with ability to identify, network, and build strong C-Suite relationships, drive conversations, and deliver compelling presentations for customers and partners.
- Demonstrated experience using repeatable sales methodology to build winning pursuit strategies which create differentiation with customer and partnership stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of different Public Sector procurement process, strategies, and negotiation of large scale, multi-year contracts
- Demonstration of project leadership skills to support cross functional collaboration and execution.
- Passion for helping public sector organizations transform how they support and improve the lives of their citizens.
- Bachelor’s degree or a degree from a military academy
- Ability to travel (50%+) as required
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.