We are the engine behind the world’s most important applications.
As InterSystems continues to grow, we’re scaling how we design and execute everything from our flagship IRIS database platform, our healthcare products, our cloud SaaS offerings, all the way to the internal systems and workflows of our Software Development Life Cycle… and we’d love to meet you.
Systems Engineers are a key part of the Engineering team within Development.
“What’s the big picture?”
Systems Engineers look at the design of the ‘whole’ rather than parts. They are people from different technology domains who kept looking up and around (Systems Thinking) and now serve as the dedicated technical generalists in a world of otherwise narrow focuses. They provide the ‘voice of the system’ and turn disparate and sometimes conflicting possibilities into a unified and realistic design.
Our Systems Engineers define and contextualize our products and the systems (both software and human) that we build around them.
As a Systems Engineer:
- Own the system view. Our Systems Engineers are experts on the big picture. They show us how things can fit together and behave. This includes complex software features, customer responses, infrastructure buildout, etc.
- Be curious and pragmatic. Ideas with undefined scope are a dime a dozen. Successful implementation and execution will have tradeoffs that we need to discover and address.
- Be the technical generalist. Effectively connect different technology domains and workflows. Systems Engineers are the technical glue between it all.
- Directly support Needs Analysis. Help make sure that we truly capture what’s needed by our business and customers. Question and recommend.
- Directly support Requirements Definition. Help create and refine our architecture by ensuring good and consistent requirements, with the right coverage. Question and recommend.
- Work cross-functionally. The design, building, and support of excellent products doesn’t happen by accident. Get us there.
- Learn. Learn and understand our organization and products so that you can make meaningful contributions.
- Apply your engineering background. The overall engineering process is more than a checklist. Steer us towards exceptional design and execution.
- Build our body of knowledge. Systems Engineering provides us a methodical and accurate understanding of what we have and how it works together.
- 5+ years of relevant experience, which can include being a developer and/or lead. We are particularly in a system software background regardless of the domain.
- B.S. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or any engineering degree while able to demonstrate the key fundamentals of engineering and software system design
- Strong record of orienting cross-functional teams toward unified outcomes
- Strong record of taking initiative when necessary
- Solid understanding of:
- Stakeholder Needs Analysis and/or ‘Design Thinking’
- Requirements Engineering and/or ‘Systems Thinking’
- Verification and Validation
- Excellent technical written and verbal communication
- Many lessons learned
- M.S. in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other applicable degree
- Experience with Jama Connect requirements software or any other, such as Cameo
- Background of dealing with the different ‘illities’
- Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering
- Backgrounds which complement the rest of the team.
- Experience working in a regulated industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.
Something looks off?