Manager of Quality Development
As a Quality Development Manager, you will contribute to developing high quality, robust InterSystems HealthShare® software by working hard to uncover weaknesses and areas for improvement. If you are passionate about software you will excel in this role by building tools and automation that verify new technologies and new healthcare-related protocols. We will use your strong technical capabilities, curiosity to learn new things, creativity, and resourcefulness as an essential part of InterSystems’ innovation process. It is part of your job to represent the customer inside InterSystems and ensure that the product not only meets requirements and is thoroughly tested, but also that it is well documented, is easy to understand, and meets customers’ needs.
This is a hands-on position, where the manager will be contributing on a limited basis as a technical contributor in addition to personnel management and leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and mentor a group of up to twelve individual contributors
- Share responsibility for the oversight of Quality Development and quality issues across all of the Scrum teams in HealthShare
- Proactively address testing gaps in the HealthShare product line, developing and executing remediation plans
- Promote the use of automation to ensure more thorough testing and reduce the testing time required of QD engineers.
- Ability to read code critically towards finding bugs, weak spots and performance bottlenecks
- Enthusiasm for debugging and understanding customer issues
- Thorough understanding of Agile project management
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Familiarity with application development, relational databases, object-oriented development, and cloud technology
- Effective communication and analytical skills
- Curiosity and aptitude for acquiring new technical skills and knowledge in a dynamic and highly technical environment
- Versatility and flexibility
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent STEM degree
- Familiarity with current software testing tools and automation methodologies
- Experience with cloud, container and provisioning technology such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with one or more of the following scripting languages: Perl, Python
- Object-Oriented programming experience (Java, DotNet, C#, C/C++, Python)
- Experience with Windows batch and PowerShell scripts, UNIX sh and bash scripts
- Experience with coding for or testing low-level multi-threaded applications
- Experience with distributed systems and networking
- Familiarity with Healthcare communication standards (FHIR, SDA, HL7, CDA, …)
- Technical knowledge of operating systems
- Familiarity with UI development (Angular, Typescript, JS) and UI test automation (Selenium)
- Familiarity with accessibility tools (SortSite, Deque)
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.
Something looks off?