Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Clinical Safety - Intern
InterSystems UKI has a new Graduate Intern opportunity working within an experienced Clinical Safety team. This 6 month paid contract offers a fantastic opportunity to work with the UK component of a global team who work to ensure the company’s healthcare products meet regulatory requirements and remain as safe as possible for customers.
This is a full time role and we have a hybrid working model which is office based in Windsor/Edinburgh 3 days per week. This role would suit an Information Technology or Computer Science Graduate with a particular interest in technical writing.
- Learning about the international and English regulatory requirements for medical devices
- Learning about specific areas of product functionality as issues arise
- Learning how to work with industry-standard business support tools such as Confluence and Jira
- Learning how to understand abnormalities of system behaviour and how to describe them in plain and accessible language
- Generally supporting the Clinical Safety team
InterSystems is willing to provide training in all the above areas, but you would already need to be proficient in MS Office, specifically Word and Excel, and have very strong written English language skills. Some development and/or scripting experience would be of value.
This is a fantastic opportunity join a highly successful global software business and take your first step into an exciting career in technical writing.
- This role is intended for recent or soon to be graduates from a Bachelor’s, Master’s
- Interdisciplinary academic work in IT, Computer Science, Science or Engineering subjects preferred
- Excellent written English skills with evidence of interest and /or achievement in technical writing or journalism
- Eligible to work in the UK without requiring visa sponsorship.
- Demonstrated initiative through academic excellence, extracurricular, or work experiences
- Collaborative team mindset.
- Flexible demeanour in an ever-changing work environment
This is a 6 to 9 month paid contract, starting this summer. It is a full time role that requiring 3 days in the office in Windsor, or client site based. After the program there is a possibility for a full-time permanent role.
As an equal opportunities employer, InterSystems does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join our organisation.
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.