Sales/Solutions Engineer - Supply Chain
InterSystems Corporation, a leading developer of database and integration technologies, is seeking candidates for its North American Sales Engineering Group. The role is client-facing, fast-paced, wide-ranging and challenging. It requires a mixture of solution development and deployment skills, hands-on coding and problem-solving, presentation skills, sales awareness, and business acumen. Regional travel required.
- Coordinating with InterSystems' Account Representatives and all other departments to ensure a close, long-term relationship with our clients
- Working closely with System Integrators and Project Managers, especially during the early stages of adoption and technically challenging projects, to ensure successful implementations
- Recommending technical architectures, model design, development patterns, migration strategies, upgrade procedures, and operational best practices
- Designing, building, and presenting Proofs of Concept (PoCs) to prospects and partners
- Supporting our clients during beta test programs or pre-launch activities
- Supporting marketing activities at trade shows, conferences, seminars etc.
- Keeping up-to-date with InterSystems products and contemporary IT industry developments (including competitive products) and undertaking any relevant self-development or training
- Creating prototypes and coordinating with product management to enhance product offerings based on client desires/needs
- Writing competitive proposals, solution overviews, sales collateral, etc. to support pre-sale efforts
- Proven experience acting as a solution architect for a professional services or a software company, preferably within the supply chain practice, including design and delivery of enterprise solutions.
- 3+ years of experience in the development and/or delivery of software solutions supporting any of the following: order and inventory management applications, supply chain visibility and control tower solutions, 3PL systems within manufacturing, retail, CPG industry sectors.
- Strong experience in data acquisition and integration with major ERP systems within manufacturing, retail and CPG industry sectors.
- Experience with supply and demand forecasting is a plus.
- Personal presence to establish yourself as a trusted advisor to development and delivery managers and senior architects.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong technical and business writing skills.
- Proven business analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Strong software development and database skills in order to successfully design and prototype solutions including most of the following:
- Object-Oriented programming languages
- SQL and ODBC / JDBC
- XML, XSLT, JSON, SOAP, REST
- Working knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud service providers such as Google, Azure and AWS.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree.
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.
Something looks off?