Technical Services Specialist
An experienced Windows Desktop/Server and Infrastructure Support Specialist is sought to join our Technical Services team, responsible for providing support and assistance with hardware and software for select employees.
- Provide technical support to internal staff and guests at all levels of seniority and IT literacy.
- Liaise with external support personnel where needed for the setup of special projects – such as shows, demonstrations and on-site training courses. Where appropriate, provide informal technical training to users for minor tasks.
- Configure/reconfigure computers for all employees, including software installations, network configurations, hardware integration, final testing, and migration of users’ old data onto the newly-built system.
- Log and update technical support incidents in incident management systems.
- Maintain availability of storage for ad-hoc backups of users’ systems and for regular backups of all server resources. Take steps to ensure that users are making appropriate choices for the storage, protection and security of their data.
- Set up, maintain, support and arrange repairs for printers.
- Co-operate with technical support staff outside the APAC Region and contribute to providing a coherent support strategy across InterSystems worldwide.
- Install all manner of software on internal PCs as needed by various InterSystems departments. Ensure systems are kept current with security patches and with up-to-date virus protection at all times.
- Respect and maintain the confidentiality and security of sensitive files owned by the various departments, notably HR and Finance, and office-wide emails. Take proactive steps to enhance security wherever possible.
- Self-assess development or training needs applicable to the post and advise the Manager of options.
- Manage relationships with local suppliers and purchasing for IT equipment and software.
Experience & Qualifications
- Good experience configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting PC hardware and Windows and Apple operating systems in a networked environment
- Ability to support Apple devices MacBooks/Ipads in an enterprise environment
- Good system administration skills, focusing on Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Active Directory
- Proven problem-solving and technical support skills
- Ability to organise and complete more complex projects while still dealing effectively with routine support issues.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking. Ability to configure network connectivity, including knowledge of routine elements of this including structured cabling, switches, wireless networking, VPN, dial-up networking, DNS and DHCP and wide area networking.
- Extremely high accuracy and attention to detail.
- The post-holder must also take into account the operational implications of deploying or altering systems, and anticipate and address possible side-effects and security implications.
- The post-holder must be able and willing to travel to other offices within the region to support operations and any special projects as required from time to time
Education and Training
Degree in Information Technology
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.
Something looks off?