Technical Support Specialist (HIS)
InterSystems seeks experienced candidates who are creative, motivated, and energetic problem-solvers to join a group of experts working with a broad range of new and advanced technology. As a member of a worldwide team, you will develop your technical, professional, and personal skills, within an environment of teamwork, cooperation and fun. You will help developers from our technology partners create and support their applications in real world environments. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the world’s leading organizations in healthcare, finance, telecommunications, and other industries. This position will also encourage and prepare you to take on other growth opportunities within the organization.
A mentor will help you identify and develop your technical, professional, and personal skills for a successful technical career. Depending on your level of experience the training program can include: classroom learning, e-learning, projects, and external courses. Your mentor will also help you familiarize you with the InterSystems environment.
- Provide immediate response to customer inquiries in accordance with service standards.
- Provide technical support for custom development, user defined functions, interfaces, reports, extracts, data migration scripts and conversions.
- Provide advice and best practices to Partners for technical areas such as networks, configurations, architectures etc.
- Provide technical support for troubleshooting and performance analysis for reports, stored procedures, interfaces, conversions, data migration scripts and user defined functions.
- Escalate Open (unresolved) problems in accordance with current policies and procedures.
- Production of training materials for technical courses such as system custom development or reporting.
- Production of technical documentation such as reference materials, installation instructions, user guides, knowledge-base articles and how-to’s.
- Continuously improve customer satisfaction by soliciting customer suggestions for product and service improvements and then escalating such suggestions to management.
- Improve response time to customer inquiries by continuously improving communication, analytical, and learning skills.
- Participate in on-site technical training if required
- Participate in on-site technical implementations if required
- Participate in the on call 24 hour roster service
- Assistance in researching new development or report writing 3rd party products such as Crystal Reports.
Experience and Qualifications
- Knowledge of web oriented languages, including HTML, and Java script.
- Experience with SQL, data analysis and database methodologies
- Knowledge of programming languages – ideally Java or C++
- Experience working in software not limited to a Developer, Quality Engineer and/or Solutions Architect
- Experience with data analysis and database methodologies
- Be able to design and write technical documents.
- Well versed in Internet / Intranet concepts and Microsoft IIS.
- Experience within InterSystems products (Cache, Ensemble) highly desirable but not required
Education and Training
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent; (Physics, Mathematics, Sciences)
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.
Something looks off?