State Sales Representative
InterSystems technology is the engine behind the world's most important applications. Our software is used to manage over 1 billion patient records worldwide. In financial services, nearly $2 trillion in assets are governed by InterSystems-based risk and compliance applications. With great products, and brilliant people, what we do, matters.
InterSystems HealthShare is a powerful, flexible health informatics platform that aggregates holistic patient records, backends information exchanges, and delivers data into analytics and other advanced solutions. InterSystems IRIS Data Platform enables the development, implementation, and management of highly-performant applications and databases that can be deployed natively in the cloud or on premise. Our Analytics solutions handle enormous volumes of data, ensuring that all of the data are harmonized and accessible for visualization and AI/ML.
Sales Executives in the State business are responsible for managing all aspects of prospective and existing accounts, generating sales revenue and ensuring a productive and profitable business relationship with customers.
The ideal candidate will have experience selling software or cloud services into governmental accounts and partnering with Systems Integrators that sell into such accounts. A background in clinical and/or, workflow, case management, analytic, operational systems is important – particularly related to state agencies including health and human services, behavioral health, transportation, housing, and the environment—as is an understanding of the funding, regulatory and policy environment of the state and local government ecosystem.
- Introducing InterSystems products and services to government agencies and systems integrators and building a pipeline of new activity.
- Planning sales strategy and driving new business opportunities with target organizations.
- Building relationships with Systems Integrators in order to drive the inclusion of InterSystems technology in their proposals submitted to state and local government agencies.
- Collaborating with Sales Engineers and other functional units at InterSystems to assemble sales proposals including RFx responses.
- Acting as the principal liaison between InterSystems and customer accounts; developing and enhancing business relationships by providing high levels of service and by encouraging contact with accounts at various organizational levels; developing and continuously updating account profiles.
- Ensuring that problems raised by existing customers are handled by the organization.
- Achieving sales objectives.
- Providing feedback from customers regarding product performance; providing input to product development and support services for product fixes and enhancement.
- Representing InterSystems at sales and public sector-focused conferences to promote the Company’s products and services.
- Generating new business revenues as well as helping to protect and grow existing customer base.
- Governmental agency domain knowledge, especially around key topics and trends impacting Health and Human Services (i.e., healthcare delivery, payment reform, HIE/interoperability, Medicaid, child welfare, social programs, public health), social services, transportation, behavioral health, or the environment.
- 8+ years track record of software sales success, to state and local government agencies, or federal HHS, transportation, emergency management, housing, or environmental agencies.
- Demonstrated experience selling software and cloud solutions, including workflow, data platforms, and analytics.
- Understanding of the state and local government contracting process.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience working with health information technology, platforms, or cloud-based offerings; and IT sales to the state and local government.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience. Master’s degree in public health, public policy, public administration, business administration, data science, computer science, or related field preferred.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.
Something looks off?