Technical Product Specialist
The Technical Specialist in Product Management acts as a Technical Product Specialist to manage technical work to the global and regional editions. This work may include specific deliverables for a regional edition or building tools to be used by worldwide implementation projects.
The Technical Specialist will be required to perform customisation tasks and provide support for the technical implementation tools of InterSystems TrakCare and related products.
The Technical Specialist will be responsible for regional or global edition specific software development activities and to ensure that the software satisfies project specifications and is delivered and deployed in line with project requirements.
The Technical Specialist must be available to visit client sites (e.g. hospitals/laboratories) and implementation partners for technical support and/or to provide technical training. International travel may be required.
The duties initially assigned include, but are not limited to:
- Liaise with Product Managers in regard to ongoing enhancement requests.
- Liaise with Product Managers on any requests for new or modified reports.
- Advise and assist the Project Managers and technical implementation teams during implementation.
- Act as primary technical contact for one or more regional editions.
- Develop tools for use in technical implementation worldwide.
- Produce builds and releases based on established release engineering practices.
- Troubleshoot and resolve build failures for regional editions.
- Support the edition manager and product managers by debugging and troubleshooting issues in the regional or global edition.
- Provide advice and best practices to technical implementation teams for technical areas such as networks, configurations, architectures etc.
- Provide technical support for troubleshooting and performance analysis for reports, stored procedures, interfaces, conversions, data migration scripts and user defined functions.
- Support and testing of all TrakCare related utilities, e.g. patching tool, print service etc
- Production of training materials for technical courses such as system custom development or reporting.
- Production of technical documentation such as reference materials, installation instructions, user guides, knowledge-base articles and how-tos.
Other duties may be directed by the Company from time to time.
Experience and Qualifications
- Knowledge of SQL, Java, JQuery.
- Experience with data analysis and database methodologies.
- Be able to design and write technical documents.
- Knowledge of Linux based environment. Familiar with the setup of CUPS, Apache. Writing Shell script will be a plus
- Experienced in customer focused support.
- Proven ability to lead and deliver results as required within specific time frames.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to conduct training and develop training materials.
- Ability to work within a team in a cross cultural environment.
- Available for out of office hours work and willing to travel.
- Keen to learn new technologies and new applications.
Education and Training
- University degree in technology or computer science
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.
Something looks off?