Product Specialist - Laboratory
The Product Specialist participates in defining TrakCare product direction and release content for their specific product area. They engage with clients and internal staff including HealthCare Architects and Implementation teams to understand how TrakCare is being used. They must also stay current with healthcare trends and governmental changes that are applicable to the product. Product Specialists work with Clinical Adoption teams and Application Specialists to ensure quality design and configuration of new functionality thus ensuring deployed software addresses the regional client needs in a timely and effective manner.
The Product Specialist must have a broad understanding of international Healthcare Information Technology and Systems. This role is working to provide health care solutions across the continuum of care within niche markets of commercial enterprise and the health care sector. It is integral to the development of products from all viewpoints including functionality, workflow, and look and feel.
Specific background areas of a successful candidate could include:
- Clinical Laboratory Science background is required
- Previous Medical Laboratory Science or Clinical Lab Science certifications preferred
- Experience in one or more high throughput clinical laboratories in one of the following departments preferred:
- Anatomical Pathology (Histopathology)
- Microbiology / Molecular Biology (Infectious Disease)
- Transfusion Medicine (Blood Bank)
- Blood Sciences (Hematology, Clinical Chemistry, Serology, etc.)
- Knowledge of Clinical Lab Standards, accreditation bodies, and instrumentation methodology preferred
- Basic knowledge of Regulatory and Administrative requirements common within healthcare systems
- Previous experience working within an AGILE team delivering software products to end users is preferred
- Previous Hospital Information Systems (preferably within an accredited Clinical Laboratory) work experience with a good understanding of configuration
The product specialist will be a part of a global Product team and specifically a small multidisciplinary team of Product Specialists, Developers and Quality Testers. The product specialist will also evaluate change requests being raised by our clients and validate them for the inclusion into the edition.
- Provide advice on competitive products and advances in Lab Information Systems both locally and world wide
- Correspond with sales teams about specific product offerings and key advantages for different user groups
- Consult with implementation teams globally and specifically within their region and provide advice where necessary
- Work with the AGILE team to estimate, scope, design, test, and maintain new product (Lab Information System) functionalities
- Navigate and set up configuration within the product offering to support various workflows within the product
- Demonstrate understanding of workflow processes and liaise effectively with end users and internal staff to define the impact of change requests and to ensure that the changes will satisfy stated needs
- Working with cross departmental teams to ensure that relevant product material is produced in line with company standards.
- Bring perspective on what else might be out there [emerging trends, hot topics] and how changes will help or hinder the laboratory service
- Assist the Sales and Marketing functions within the region where necessary
Experience and Qualifications
- Demonstrated Clinical Lab expertise with clear understanding of healthcare regulations and departmental interdependencies and workflows
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated competence navigating highly complex systems and multifaceted workflows
- Background working with a vendor or consultancy in a similar role
- Previous experience working with clinical lab information systems at an in depth level
- Tertiary education in either a Medical domain or Health Informatics
- 5 Years practical domain experience working directly with or within Clinical Labs
Education and Training
- Degree in the sciences, medical or hospital management.
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.
Something looks off?