We are hiring an experienced Financial Controller (m/f/d) to provide up-to-date and accurate information to the company management and responsible tax authorities. You will prepare financial reports for the DACH region and also monitor forecasts, budgets and cash flow planning.
- Maintain accounting records for the German and Swiss Branch in accordance with the Company’s code of practice.
- Implement and maintain internal control procedures regarding all finance related matters within the German and Swiss Office.
- Follow up with respective managers on the monthly results providing them with any assistance required in understanding the results.
- To provide timely information to the Tax advisors so that all compliance issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- To seek to minimise duplication of effort and achieve savings, at no risk to compromising the validity of the information produced
- To undertake such continuous self-development as is appropriate to maintaining and improving the quality of the post-holder’s performance
Priorities, time scales and standards will be set in agreement with the Financial Controller recognising the level of professional competence of the post-holder:
- Preparation of the monthly profit and loss accounts and the balance sheet.
- Assist management in the review of the results, answering any queries and providing further analysis if required
- Set and monitor cash flow, including reconciling movements in the bank accounts and ensuring that surpluses are dealt with in accordance with InterSystems policies and procedures
- Control all local purchase and nominal ledgers, the wages journal, and bank reconciliations.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of monthly payroll for employees in Austria, Germany and Switzerland.
- Review of all expense reports ensuring compliance with policy and correct supporting documents are provided as well as correct VAT and other tax related conditions are met.
- Maintain monthly revenue and expense forecasts and annual budgets.
- Prepare such information as is required by the tax advisors.
- Calculate and prepare commission statements for sales staff.
- Monitor the accounts receivable ledger, follow up with customers with overdue debts.
- Review, as appropriate systems and procedures and make recommendations for their improvement to the International Controller
- Prepare such spreadsheets, reports and undertake such ad hoc tasks as may be required by the International Controller.
The post-holder must be flexible, adaptable and quick to learn new routines. Attention to detail is paramount, as is the ability to work to strict time-scales and meet deadlines. Previous experience with multi-currency systems is preferable. Be able to communicate in verbal and written English and German concerning all business issues is a prerequisite. Qualified Bilanzbuchhalter is preferred.
The post-holder will work collaboratively with:
- Daily - members of the finance department and internal InterSystems staff
- Regularly – Advisors and outside bookkeepers
- Banks and other professional advisers
Where are we looking for
Our Financial Controller (m/f/d) is responsible for the DACH region. We strive to maintain a healthy work-life balance and have implemented a hybrid work model that encourages our employees to be in the office at least three days per week
Why you should start with us
InterSystems has 44 successful years of continuous growth, where long-term relationships have been a key pillar of success.
What sets us apart is the determination of all our employees to make our customers successful. This is what drives and defines our ongoing pursuit of excellence in our software products and services. We place a high value on diversity, equity and inclusion. Helpfulness and respect within the company and towards our customers is important to us.
At InterSystems, we've been hiring smart, passionate problem solvers who drive innovation for over forty years. Our managers care about our employees and are heavily involved in the hiring process. We conduct interviews with the hiring manager and your future team. In these interviews, they get to know you as well as you get to know us!
As an equal opportunities employer, InterSystems does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join our organisation.
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.
Something looks off?