Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Director of Sales - Data Platforms
We have an opportunity for a UKI Sales Lead with a proven track record of successfully managing a Sales team and selling business-led technology into vertical sectors. You will be required to drive new logo business, partner and end user, of our IRIS Data Platform into strategic verticals, including Financial Services and Supply Chain & Logistics, across the UK and Ireland and ensure the ongoing satisfaction of our existing non-healthcare clients. As such, you will need a proven track record of managing a team that has been successful in winning strategic new accounts and a sound knowledge of technology. This role will require regular travel nationally.
- Outstanding new business acquisition skills combined with the maturity, business acumen and patience to build a business with a long-term view.
- Lead the sales proposition in the UK and represent the company at the highest level.
- Identify appropriate Business Partners (ISVs, SIs, Solutions Companies) to target.
- With Marketing, develop and execute appropriate value propositions and campaigns for InterSystems products in the UK.
- Discover, qualify and develop opportunities specifically within the Applications Partner and Solutions Partner communities.
- Work with Sales Support to provide timely proposals to customers and partners.
- Manage, escalate and resolve technical or contractual issues.
- Co-ordinate internal technical and non-technical resources to educate and to equip Partners with all the information they need to be successful.
- Build long term relationships with new Partners based on openness, understanding and awareness.
- Maintain awareness of the financial services and Supply Chain & Logistics sectors and relevant technological advances.
- Develop creative strategies to increase visibility within direct accounts.
- Partner with InterSystems internal stakeholders (technical, marketing and business development teams) to develop compelling solutions for current and prospective customers.
Qualifications & Attributes
- Track record of managing and building a Sales organisation to deliver on a unique opportunity with a new product.
- Deep knowledge of the software industry, ideally with expertise in the Financial Services and Supply Chain & Logistics sectors.
- Proven leader who can energise and coordinate a team of sales executives and technical experts to deliver ground-breaking solutions for customers.
- Excellent listener and communicator.
- Proven ability to grow revenue streams from partners – proven account development skills.
- Understanding and significant exposure to a Software licence Sales model.
- Ability to quickly understand business requirements and to derive equitable solutions.
- Proven ability to present effectively at Board level.
- Entrepreneurial qualities.
- Patient, adaptable, influential, calm and analytical.
- The ability to inspire others.
- Comfortable with commercial and technical complexity.
- Resilient and willing to try new things and accept it’s ok to fail and start again.
Education & Training
- Degree qualified or equivalent.
As an equal opportunities employer, InterSystems does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join our organisation.
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.