Based at either our Tokyo or Osaka office, the Sales Engineer will provide guidance in the use of InterSystems' products as they best suit the requirements of the customer and its market. Product and business strategies are coordinated with the InterSystems Sales Team to apply existing and new products to customers' database and application needs. The role is very wide-ranging and challenging, requiring a mixture of design skills, hands-on coding, presentation skills, technical architecture, sales awareness, business acumen, evangelism, mentoring and training. This role requires regular travel across Japan and occasionally overseas.
- Investigate & demonstrate the use of InterSystems products with other 3rd party technologies.
- Manage the technical relationship with customer accounts, ensuring that they are aware of the latest product capabilities.
- Identify new opportunities within existing accounts.
- Build and demonstrate Proof of Concepts (POCs) for prospects and customers to illustrate the suitability, ease of use, performance, features, and reliability and/or connectivity capabilities of InterSystems technology.
- Participate in business and detailed technical discussions at all levels and in all departments of the customer's organisation to foster the adoption, use and deployment of InterSystems’ technologies.
- Recommend technical architecture, database schema, design patterns, migration and upgrade strategies and operational best practices.
- Install InterSystems software and assist with benchmarking exercises to determine optimal deployment configurations.
- Work as a hands-on lead application developer to coach partners and prospects, particularly in the early stages of adoption or during particularly technically challenging projects.
- Provide application programming in a variety of InterSystems technologies, and other technologies.
- Give corporate presentations to InterSystems' customers and prospects at site visits, marketing events and such venues. Topics include strategic and tactical considerations across both technical and business directions. Provide technical product demonstrations.
- Carry out formal training courses in InterSystems technologies.
- Support customers and prospects during beta test programmes or pre-launch activities and provide feedback to the software development groups.
- Assist with troubleshooting and interact with the World-wide Response Centre (WRC) to support resolution of technical problems.
- Provide consulting services for the Sales Department and other InterSystems departments (Marketing, Support, Development, Documentation among others) as requested
Experience and Qualifications
- Broad knowledge of IT industry issues & trends including integration, data management, application development and cloud, with specific vertical market & technical knowledge in Integration (SOA, ESB, EAI, ETL, BI…).
- Proven experience or technical management in an application development environment.
- At least 4 years programming with demonstrable current hands-on expertise in object-oriented languages such as C#, C++ or Java / J2EE.
- Ongoing experience within the design, development & deployment of complex applications.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning tools and languages such as Python, R or TensorFlow.
- Knowledge of application frameworks, application servers and server-less programming models.
- Knowledge of agile software development processes and continuous development.
- Extensive use of 2 or more databases such as InterSystems Caché, Oracle, SQLServer, Sybase, Informix or DB2/UDB, including designing logical and physical database schema, good SQL and JDBC/ODBC expertise, installation and configuration skills, and performance tuning.
- Proven business analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Strong presentation, influencing and communication skills.
- Understanding of the business considerations of application development, support and deployment.
- English language
- Software Engineering experience.
- Experience with Business Intelligence and Analytics technologies and approaches.
- Familiarity with ESB, Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) experience using InterSystems Ensemble, BEA Software, IBM, Oracle, Microsoft or similar.
- Familiarity with modern web-based development frameworks such as Angular, React, Vue.js or similar.
Education and Training
- Degree in computing or science related discipline
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and implementing the functional specifications for integration projects, including routing engine
- Demonstrated ability to construct and optimise high-performance applications including database schema, code and deployment topologies.
- Proven Demonstrable solution delivery experience from the standpoint of technical or architectural ownership. Demonstrated expertise in troubleshooting
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.
Something looks off?